Thread: wacky warriors in stl?

wacky warriors in stl?

Has anyone played there? Place has been around forever? They are having a big game in June and a group of us are wanting to head up. Just don't want to waste the time if they are not structured well. Or treat there patrons like gateway dragstrip used too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Has anyone played there? Place has been around forever? They are having a big game in June and a group of us are wanting to head up. Just don't want to waste the time if they are not structured well. Or treat there patrons like gateway dragstrip used too.
    First place I played 17 years ago. Was always crowded and catered towards the young and hot-headed tourney crowd. Nothing has changed. Staging is out of your car, no ammenities. I still like to dust off an electro and go out there for fast paced play about once a year.

Well there is a pretty good chance we will be there in June. That observation of there fields tells me to expect at least a case of paint. If not 2. I can work with that. I like fast paced. And staging out of my truck is just fine. Just didn't want to walk in to a mess like gateway was every time I went there.

You local? If so hit me up. We could meet up for that big game.

Kinda local, I'm in MO. I'll consider the game in June, but more than likely won't make it for that, WW and I have a love/hate relationship . Maybe we'll see each other at Spring Pump Event?

Funny you say love hate. Main thing I remember of wacky from years past is that my brother in law didn't like the people. He preferred national pro shop. The people and the fields. Granted. A few years have passed. But it sounds like much has stayed the same with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    Kinda local, I'm in MO. I'll consider the game in June, but more than likely won't make it for that, WW and I have a love/hate relationship . Maybe we'll see each other at Spring Pump Event?

Where are you located? Local field?

I'm in Marion IL. So sikeston mo is a lot closer than stl. I'm not afraid to drive to play.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Where are you located? Local field?

I'm in Marion IL. So sikeston mo is a lot closer than stl. I'm not afraid to drive to play.
    Funny you should say that, I am from Sikeston. I am still trying to get back into playing regularly, but business has been slow. Are there any good places to play near you?

Nothing local at all. I've got the hpa hookup and a chroney. Friend of mine has bulk co2. And his brother has the land. So we are setting up a bring your own gear field right now. Depending how it goes I will start picking up one mag at a time for loaner guns. There are a bunch of local guys that want to play and still have gear. Once we get it set up. Then we will see who really want ts to play and who is just speaking out of there butts. Anything local in the sikeston area? I'd go down there at least once a month. As long as timing is good.

I've missed this game for a lot of years.

About 10-15 miles north is Blodgett paintball, nice facilities, but high prices. I think its $65 for a case of paint, $10 entry. About 45 miles east in Poplar Bluff, MO is another called Crossfire, they have co2 fills, but no HPA. I hear that prices are reasonable, but I have never been to this one. That is the only two in my area that I know of. There was a third field, but it just closed.

The one in Blodgett. Is it a field paint only? If not I'd be interested in going down there in a few weeks. One of our guys lives in caro. I'd stop at his place and he could drive the rest of the way.

http://blodgettpaintball.com/main/

This it? 65 bux a case? What kind of paint are they selling at that price? Other than that. Is it all speedball? Any woods? Not a bad distance from me. Not sure going through sikeston or cape is best. But no biggie. Would like player info before we mess with going there.

Oh! What is the atmosphere with the other players?

unfortunately its been a few years since ive played there, so I am not sure what paint they sell now, might be able to find out this weekend though. I do know it is field paint only though, they have two hyperball fields that I always enjoyed and a woods ball area and that is their website. Anytime I goto Marion or Cario I take I-57, not sure which way is better. If you do decide to try out blodgett let me know when and I will go that weekend.

If you are looking for big games, check out http://www.smakzone.com/ It would be a long drive for you, but they have some huge scenario events.

Pm sent man. We will have to meet up. If you guys play private woods or something I'm good with that too if basic safety rules are used.

2.5 hr to smakzone isn't bad. Its 2 to get to wacky. If you say they put on some good ones I will look in to what they have.