Thread: An odd observation on a newly-acquired XValve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

An odd observation on a newly-acquired XValve

Got a new XValve today and noticed something odd. You know how you usually have to align both valve halves with the line underneath the valve? On most valves I've seen, if you screw the halves too tight, you'll go right past the line.

This one it the total opposite. No matter how hard I try screwing it in, I cannot get it to completely align with the line. I've checked the regulator o-ring and it's the proper size and the valve shoots beautifully.

I'm thinking maybe the line got lasered a bit off?

They get lasered without the oringin there. It should line up after a few openings. The orings are not all the same either. If you can get your field strip screw in than dont worry about it.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Screws in fine, shoots even better. Not worried, just thought it was unusual

try it without the oring, but as Tuna said, and you have observed; the gun shoots fine, even being slightly misaligned with the markings.

its a testament to the quality of AGD products that this slight misalignment is something odd enough we would start a thread to discuss it.

Oddly enough, I was doing some cleaning up of my workbench and one of my X valves happen to be sitting out and upside down. My marks don't align either and I havent changed the O-rings in that valve probably since I got it 4-5 years ago. Probably not all that uncommon.