Thread: classic RT banjo bolt won't tighten

classic RT banjo bolt won't tighten

The banjo bolt on my Classic RT starts to thread into the valve then hits a dead stop. If I monkey with it and loosen the frame takedown screw I can get it sometimes. Once in, it removes just fine.

I know the rail has been redesigned, and I'm sure I have the old style, just wondering if there are any tricks to make the old style work. Bolt threads into the valve just fine outside of the gun, and with the valve out the bolt pushes through the grip, rail and body just fine. some combination of the two is messing it up.

Any ideas would be great. Thank you

Just a stab in the dark, is there anything obstructing the valve from going in to the body all the way? Is the z lock pin stopping it from going in the rail all the way and making the holes not line up?

You said the rail was modified? How so...

To me it just sounds like the bolt is binding because the valve and rail aren't lined up

With the valve out of the body and no rail in the way, does the banjo bolt go in easy or do you still have problems?

He said it goes in the valve out of the body fine... that's what leads me to believe the valve and rail aren't lining up..

Thanks for the replies. With the valve out, The banjo bolt moves in and out freely. With the valve in, the banjo bolt screws in a little but then hits a dead stop. The holes appear to be lined up perfectly. Loosening the grip/body/rail screw by the trigger helps, sometimes.

My rail has not been modified. I meant that I believe this was a problem with the early models, and AGD fixed it with a new rail (which I don't have.) I am guessing mine is an old model.
    Last edited by sdn137; 03-02-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Mine is touchy. Always has been. Got to be real careful to get it to line up properly. So I would agree that there may have been some minor issue with the old ones from the factory. And yes. Mine to threads in just fine on its own out of the gun.

Possibly could be the other screw being too tight causing the trigger frame to get pinched and move away. Don't over tighten it, only use the short portion of the Allen key. Or, if you don't have a washer on the trigger fame screw it might be in too far and causing the valve to snag on it. Just guesses but could be... also could be swollen o-rings getting hung up.

Use a small flashlight and see what you see with everything. Also, what trigger frame do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
    Possibly could be the other screw being too tight causing the trigger frame to get pinched and move away. Don't over tighten it, only use the short portion of the Allen key. Or, if you don't have a washer on the trigger fame screw it might be in too far and causing the valve to snag on it. Just guesses but could be... also could be swollen o-rings getting hung up.

Use a small flashlight and see what you see with everything. Also, what trigger frame do you have?
    It is the original frame, single trigger. It just needs to line up perfectly, which has been taking me about 30-45 min to get, every time I put it together. O-rings are brand new, shouldn't be swollen. Thanks for the ideas, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after a few thousand more tries...

When I got mine, I found the hole for the banjo bolt in the body could crowd the bolt. You do need a flashlight and a pick to really find it. As you shoot, all the slack in the fit will push the body to the front, so if the hole is perfect but the body moves, it will interfere at the back side. I ground it back a hair and smoothed it out. It was only about 1/32", but with stainless that little bit won't get out your way by itself.