Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: benchmark rail?

benchmark rail?

I just bought a new but very dusty benchmark rail from a hole in the wall paintball shop for 20 dollars.I was just wondering if it will fit a ule body and Triton frame to replace my standard rail I have now?I don't wanna tear apart my mag unless it will work.the label just states benchmark automag rail .I hope I found a gem and not a lump of coal.thanks for any info:-) :-)

Last edited by dodge3500; 03-07-2013 at 08:28 PM.

you dont see many of those

you should be able to fit it to your mag no problem

Sweet thanks,the rail is still wrapped up and labeled atm.I almost hate to open it.what would this little gem be worth?I'm not in the market to sell but just curious I guess.:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Sweet thanks,the rail is still wrapped up and labeled atm.I almost hate to open it.what would this little gem be worth?I'm not in the market to sell but just curious I guess.:-) :-)
    it would be worth keeping and putting on your Mag...haha...how bout some pics to see what ya got??

agreed

I'll get some up tomorrow, lol my daughter has to do it for me.I'm old and computer dumb lol.I can tell you it has a white benchmark emblem in the back on each side of rail and some milling done on the sides almost like teardrops. :-)

Nice find, I love these NOS find posts. The only thing it won't work with, without modification, are the stainless steel bodies with the rectangular pim that the frame screw screws into, at least the one I have is like that. I paid $60 for it a couple months ago and it was like new and freshly anoed. They don't pop up for sale as often as you might think.

I'll get some pictures tonight before I unwrap it and after I attempt to install it.I'll get them posted tomorrow. :-) thanks for the info guys I appreciate it.

I didn't even realize benchmark ever made a rail. What vintage is that?

This thread is worthless without pix!!!! :-P

Sorry, not to pic whore your thread...

But this is a Benchy "Wave" rail. If I remember right I paid around $70-$80 for it in 2002. Ive only seen one for sale recently from Justus for $60. Its pretty rare for being a largly manufactured part, Ive only ever seen pics of about 8-9 mags sporting this rail.

I think you scored big time!

Sweet that's it but mine is black.ty for posting that picture. :-) very nice looking mag by the way.

The guy who owns Bomb Swabs and did a limited run of the AO swabs here not to long ago owns a mag. Its has the exact same rail but light green. Will see if I can successfully post pics.

That green rail must be a very early rail. Its significantly different from the one I have. For one it looks to be milled from a stock size rail (height wise). And the milling is done.much smaller. If you look closely you'll see that the later ones benchmark did are taller and wrap more up around the sides of the body, and they changed the waves from 7 to 5 larger pockets.

Still very cool

Also, I think thiese rails came in; Polish, black, green, blue, red and purple back in the day

Here's mine by the way. I was going to go all Benchmark parts but I like my CP on/off and not a fan of the larger bore Armson barrels.

Like Cokrkilr said, I've actually had two run through my hands in the past year or so, one black and one chrome. Each sold for $60 - the black one right away and the chrome took a couple weeks. They're pretty cool. Kinda chunky compared to a standard AM/MM rail, but IIRC they have some ULE milling on the inside.

Audio, that mag is sick!!!

And yeah it does have a minimal amount of ule milling in it, its surprisingly light anyhow for how bulky it looks.

Talking

I have a similar Benchmark rail on my Chord mag.

Last edited by going_home; 03-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Audio, that mag is sick!!!

And yeah it does have a minimal amount of ule milling in it, its surprisingly light anyhow for how bulky it looks.
    Thanks man!

The other "issue", if you wanted to put a sight rail on it, you can't unless you modified the sight rail. The rail curves up a little higher on the sides around the body than your standard AGD AM/MM rail.

Just posted pictures of my new rail:-) I'll post some after install as well.

Just posted pictures of my new rail:-) I'll post some after install as well.
    Awesome find, did they have anymore?

If they did I prolly would have got them all at 20 bucks.:-) :-) just a lucky and forgotten find.

I always wondered what was supposed to be in that oval on the back... on my polished rail its just blank and ugly looking IMO, but with that engraving it looks sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I have a similar Benchmark rail on my Chord mag.

i like this version better...do you know if this rail was made before or after the rail that the OP just got???

Lol soo I disassembled my ule mag and went to install the new rail and a small washer fell out of the old rail from somewhere. I have no clue as to where it may go,lol I hate comming up with spare parts,any ideas will be greatly appreciated. :-) :-)

Lol soo I disassembled my ule mag and went to install the new rail and a small washer fell out of the old rail from somewhere. I have no clue as to where it may go,lol I hate comming up with spare parts,any ideas will be greatly appreciated. :-) :-)
    Foregrip hole? Will your Foregrip fit on the old rail with no issues? Is your old rail ULE milled?

Hrmm maybe ?previous owner may have installed one there.I was making sure it didn't go between the ule body and rail.I was like oooh crap:-) thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    I always wondered what was supposed to be in that oval on the back... on my polished rail its just blank and ugly looking IMO, but with that engraving it looks sweet!
    you know roberts makes custom jewels, i am sure he can make something that would fit there.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    i like this version better...do you know if this rail was made before or after the rail that the OP just got???
    The rail with more waves was the first version.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    you know roberts makes custom jewels, i am sure he can make something that would fit there.
    HAHA, when I read the first sentence I was like, "Im not making earrings here" (there is a craft store called Roberts here)

But its all good, Im thinking of doing anno on my gun so I dont need to waste any more money, lol