Thread: Do You Cheat?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do You Cheat?

So I recently bought an Emag with AGD 1.37 and I don't have the jumper so it is semi only for me. It got me thinking about Xmod 1.8, but being a woodsball player I have no reason (within the rules) to have any other mode besides semi. That led to the question: How many people play in non-semi mode for woodsball? Just curious.

whether you are cheating or not using different modes is up the field.

that being said, no i don't use anything other then semi in the woods, i also almost never break 10 bps in the woods.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

I assumed most fields don't allowing ramping the woods.

I have played at several fields that basically said "run whatya brung". I do follow field rules about BPS if they have them though. I did realize a couple of years ago at LL3 I think it was that I was running my Emag on Hyper mode by mistake. Forgot my glasses in the car and set the mode by memory. Got to a point that I was unleashing on some guys in the pipe field and realized I had drained a hopper in like 10 seconds or so. Oops.

I always stick to field rules. It just works out better for everyone that way.

I almost always use a mag, but when I don't I almost never ramp with my electros. I like to make my shots count, so I don't waste so much paint.

Tippmann World Challenge at Hells Survivors you can shoot whatever mode you want. Woods fields. Not considered "cheating" if it is in the rules
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    I assumed most fields don't allowing ramping the woods.
    every local field around here allows any mode up to 12 bps.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    do you consider splat tag to be "around here"? i was just out there Sunday and they were enforcing semi only.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    do you consider splat tag to be "around here"? i was just out there Sunday and they were enforcing semi only.
    oh yeah, i have not been to splatag for a while, and esp not open play. they allow any mode at there big games and rumbles IIRC, and then obviously pump day is well pump day hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    That is genuinely surprising to me, I would think that would be off-putting to renters.

That is genuinely surprising to me, I would think that would be off-putting to renters.
    I used to be surprised when the local fields started to allow ramping in their recball groups, because it would ruin the entire day of a renter every couple times I was out there. Then I realized that those renters weren't going through as much paint as the speedballers or the brats, whose mommy and daddy pay for as much paint as they can throw. So, the all-mighty dollar (and whining) would win that argument every time.

One of the things I love about CPX is that when there are enough players, they will run an open-beginner group for markers without batteries and an open-advanced group. This is a great way to wet the feet of the young players, who aren't quite ready to be stitched up by 12.5 bps.

They usually seperate rentals from regulars at most of the rec fields I've been to. Never been to a field with a limit less than 12-15 bps. Ever.

considering with "legal" semi auto, its pretty easy to shoot faster then with a 12 bps capped ramping, it actually lowers gun speeds.

Exactly, hence the struggling state of paintball.

I must say I've never used batteries in the woods. Have always rocked a Sniper or 'Mag.

Pump counts as non-semi, right?

Man, I'm such a cheater...
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.