Thread: Hardline fittings with a quick disconnect?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hardline fittings with a quick disconnect?

I loves me some hardline, but they always require wrench if you want to remove your valve. Now, I've seen this awesome little slide-check/quick disconnect thingy on my bro need4reeb's picture and immediately I was mesmerized. Where, oh where can I get something like this?

Venom highlines used to have those when they came out back in the day, around 1996? link

Then there's this, link (germany, let google translate it).

I like the Venom highlines but I had issues with a few where the connecting piece on the valve would not clear the rail when you would go to remove the valve from the marker. I'd end up taking the whole gun apart just to remove the valve. Other than that I loved it.

Wow, didn't realize these fittings went that far back, thanks for the info!

I might end up simply getting a Phantom hardline kit, they are fairly cheap and readily available on many sites.

'reebs sent me one to examine. I need to make sure I still have my sketches. The foregrip end is a standard compression fitting. The stainless tubing is turned down a little on the valve end for about 3/8". The valve fitting is plated brass with an insert that makes a groove for an o-ring. The turned down end just slides into the fitting, sealing on the o-ring. The field strip screw is holding the valve in place as well as the connection with the stainless tubing. It just slides together, not really a "disconnect". A neat design, but I can see how you couldn't really trust people to be careful with them as a manufacturer.

What is the make of that short vert ASA adapter?!

Quote Originally Posted by ideinit View Post
    What is the make of that short vert ASA adapter?!
    It's a grip from an older style rt mag w/ the rubber off of a bike grip, as with most parts some nice ano makes them look a lot cleaner, i think RPG offered them as 'grip stix' in red black and blue?