Thread: G7 vert frame for pneumag?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

G7 vert frame for pneumag?

I might be in a position to get a good condition vert frame for an angel G7 for not a lot. Obviously there's going to be a lot of work to do before this could work on a mag, but has anyone actually tried such a thing? Is the fastener pitch right? how about fitting pneumatics/lpr in? any comments?

Low prices and pretty nice ergos might be a good motivator to make me do more futzing to get it going, but I'd love to hear that it'd been done before...

Any and all suggestions appreciated...

not sure about the G7 specifically, but if its the same shape as other Angel vert frames then you may want to do a search for Renie, i know i have seen him crank out 3-4 angel vert pneumag frames that turned out looking really great.

ok, will do, thanks. I "think" it's the same shape... better check that too...

PHX, AZ

Thanks for the info and the leads.

I also found this:

If I had a magic wand/way more hands on experience than I have, I'd personally aim for a glossier finish, and that I'd curve the front face of the foregrip and make it a shade shorter, but in a general sense, that picture basically defines what I want to do.

In my little magical kingdom I'd start with an M90, but those are pretty scarce/expensive. I think I'll maybe take a stab with that angel frame. It's probably affordable enough that if I butcher it I can probably manage to think of it as a learning experience.

Ok, looks like this could be worth a shot. Still sorting out the trigger ( included or not) but if so ill take the chance...

I do have one big technical concern though:

Any suggestions on how to do a safety?

I'm sure this comes up with more generic pneumag setups too

With two or three mm of travel (which might be in an odd part of the trigger stroke) can a standard mag safety work?

Any anecdotes/ suggestions appreciated