I don't drink. Never did. Not sure why. I was just real late to the party and one day it just became part of my identity. I became "the sober guy". I figured eventually it would stop being a big deal, that as I got older my contemporaries would sober up a bit and the distinction would fade. I'm turning 35 this year and that eventuality has failed to materialize. And I don't think it's that I just happen to associate with a bunch of drunks.

I own a family entertainment center (a bowling alley) where we do not have a bar. As a consequence it is exceedingly difficult to build and retain adult bowling leagues. To the point where we are probably scrapping them next year in favor of being able to do more private birthday parties. It seems to me that every social activity in adult life is centered around the availability of alcohol. That maybe why I enjoy paintball as much as I do.

I don't mean this as a criticism of anyone who does drink. Even the people I inferred above are by and large responsible social drinkers (most of the time).

So on to the titular question. I can count on thee fingers the number of adults I know that sober all the time. Two of them are in recovery. One of them is just not a social person at all. So are any of you always Sober? If so, why?