Thread: Good place to purchase firearms?

Good place to purchase firearms?

Hi, I know we can't buy and sell on this forum, but does anyone have a good forum or site, or anywhere else that would be good for buying firearms?

I've been looking into getting a 22 pistol.

Also, anyone have recommendations on .22 pistols?

maximumammunition.com

Send Greg an email. Tell him blackdeath sent you. My name is Jason. But it prob wouldn't ring a bell. He is a member on a motorcycle forum I'm on. Pretty sure he is a full fledged gun dealer now.

cool, checking it out now, guessing any guns through him will be new?

Really don't know what all he sells. His site wasn't real impressive. But he knows his stuff. And he is a big gun nut.

Try Gunbroker. Online ah for firearms. They have pretty near everything on there.

Support a local dealer, see who's in your area! Also don't buy online under the current administration.

If you're looking for an affordable, quality target pistol, try a Ruger Mark III. Great little pistols, easy to shoot and easy to maintain. Plenty of options; euro or 45 style frame, multiple barrel lengths and styles, site options including rails.

If you're looking for something more... all-around useful, try a Smith MP 15-22. Easily the best 22 on the market that isn't a target pistol.

Yea, I've been looking into the sites, and I'm thinking buying local may be a better choice overall, though some of the guns I'd like to try to get are harder to find local.

a gunstore.

Alot of people like the Walther P22. It's pretty nice for a small light plinker and very affordable, but I find their accuracy with the short sights pretty limiting... so it'll only ever just be a plinker. For rifles, the Ruger 10/22 is pretty much the gold standard; infinitely customizable and a great performer. For pistols, I like the Ruger and Buckmark. I have a Ruger 22/45 that's I love alot and the newer generation 22/45s are even nicer from what I hear. There are a number of good 22 revolvers out there too; ruger, S&W, and taurus are great plinkers.

Just don't forget to get magazines... the alternative doesn't work as well.

Lightbulb Armslist.com

Try armslist.com for local face to face stuff.
    Dealers do list on there too.

Ruger SR22 is a great little gun if you can find one.
    Just bought one for my daughter, she doesnt like the recoil of 9MM.

The P22 and the SR22 are nice pistols, but they feel small, light, and toy-ish. I don't much care for the M&P 9mm (at all, really, one of my lease favorites), but the MP15-22 is probably the best most solid compact 22 for carry and plinking that I've ever run across. My EDC is a Sig 229 and I love it, but I'd stay away from its 22 caliber little brother it SUCKS. My vote stands for the Smith if that's what you're looking for.

Still, I think you'd be happier with the Ruger Mark3.

Thanks everyone, n yea I think I'm leaning towards the Ruger MkIII or the Ruger Sp101.

have the 3" SP101. It's perfect for leisurely shooting at the range or as a bedside gun. I was going o get the 4.2" but I'm glad I got the 3". Great for IWB or OWB carry. Still a little too large to pocket carry... then again they're all stainless brick ****houses, so no the best for pocket at any size. I think they are some of the most underrated revolvers out there. I highly reccommend a reduced weight mainspring and trigger spring and polishing the trigger mechanism. It will make the trigger 200% better. Look up proper instructions on forums. The trigger is fine without it, but having done it, I'd say it's an absolute must.

Also have the Ruger 22. Another fine choice for crazy cheap plinking. If you plan to get a silencer someday, this is the route to go. Otherwise, I'd reccomend the SP101.

Single action trigger is very nice on the SR22 after first shot (first shot double action) and it comes with two ten round magazines.
    I like the gun, easy to rack slide, interchangeable grips, low recoil.
    Daughter likes it too, which is good because thats who I got it for.
    I looked at the Walther P22 but theres a lot of reviews out there claiming constant failure to feed issues.
    I had the Walther P380 and it had the same issues so I went with the Ruger.