Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some People Never Learn

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    wasnt that what she posted in the thread that the bodies would be redone and swapped out? before all the ranting even started? they didnt really get a chance to figure out what the next move was, knowing that some customers would be upset with the bodies shipped the way they were shipped or redoing the bodies and making the customers wait??

so now your back to being a PTP customer? sorry this happened to ya but throwing a company under tha bus didnt have to happen did it? or bringing the auto cocker body drama over to the automag forum didnt have to happen did it?

what a bummer man???
    Did you not read what I posted? I stated I was fine waiting for the bodies to be swapped...UNTIL I received mine. How would you feel about getting a new body kit you paid $450 for arrive sitting in a plastic bag protecting it? I was pretty pissed like every normal person would be, how am I throwing PTP under the bus? How am I creating drama? Did I create this thread? No, I posted in it showing in photos the level of packaging.

After speaking with Tracy on phone, she let me know a few things outside her control that happened, and some of the reasons a few of the guns were shipped how mine was, After explaining everything, and working something out, yes, I am happier, isn't that how it is supposed to work? Consumer purchases a product, consumer complains, either company fixes, or doesn't fix.

I've owned quite a few PTP mags and a cocker or two, I was unaware of the machinest and prior problems, just going by the mags from them I've owned and how much I liked shooting them.

Tell me how I threw PTP under the bus, and why don't you ***** at the OP for bring the drama of an autococker to an automag forum...geez, go have a glass of milk or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Did you not read what I posted? I stated I was fine waiting for the bodies to be swapped...UNTIL I received mine. How would you feel about getting a new body kit you paid $450 for arrive sitting in a plastic bag protecting it? I was pretty pissed like every normal person would be, how am I throwing PTP under the bus? How am I creating drama? Did I create this thread? No, I posted in it showing in photos the level of packaging.

After speaking with Tracy on phone, she let me know a few things outside her control that happened, and some of the reasons a few of the guns were shipped how mine was, After explaining everything, and working something out, yes, I am happier, isn't that how it is supposed to work? Consumer purchases a product, consumer complains, either company fixes, or doesn't fix.

I've owned quite a few PTP mags and a cocker or two, I was unaware of the machinest and prior problems, just going by the mags from them I've owned and how much I liked shooting them.

Tell me how I threw PTP under the bus, and why don't you ***** at the OP for bring the drama of an autococker to an automag forum...geez, go have a glass of milk or something.

yeah big Dawg i read what ya posted earlier, but then it changed or was edited?

i know i wouldnt put myself in that position man...it is not something i would ever want to go thru! it does seem that people are pretty quick to get pissed and say things out of anger before thinking about what options they have to handle there problem? its hard to point out how i thought your comments threw PTP under the bus now that your post was edited, so i cant really answer that for ya?

and ill take some blame for even paying attention to this thread and replying cause obviously that caused some drama between me and you over something that will soon be fixed...but im not typing cuss words or trying to insult ya but oh well?

ill go have a glass of milk or something.

yeah big Dawg i read what ya posted earlier, but then it changed or was edited?

i know i wouldnt put myself in that position man...it is not something i would ever want to go thru! it does seem that people are pretty quick to get pissed and say things out of anger before thinking about what options they have to handle there problem? its hard to point out how i thought your comments threw PTP under the bus now that your post was edited, so i cant really answer that for ya?

and ill take some blame for even paying attention to this thread and replying cause obviously that caused some drama between me and you over something that will soon be fixed...but im not typing cuss words or trying to insult ya but oh well?

ill go have a glass of milk or something.
    I took out the part about seeking a refund after talking with Tracy, which they would have done but we came to a mutual agreement. The other part was that I was disappointed.

I'm not seeking a refund, and I'm not disappointed, just happy it was handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I took out the part about seeking a refund after talking with Tracy, which they would have done but we came to a mutual agreement. The other part was that I was disappointed.

I'm not seeking a refund, and I'm not disappointed, just happy it was handled.
    me too

wasnt that what she posted in the thread that the bodies would be redone and swapped out? before all the ranting even started? they didnt really get a chance to figure out what the next move was, knowing that some customers would be upset with the bodies shipped the way they were shipped or redoing the bodies and making the customers wait??

so now your back to being a PTP customer? sorry this happened to ya but throwing a company under tha bus didnt have to happen did it? or bringing the auto cocker body drama over to the automag forum didnt have to happen did it?

what a bummer man???
    Get a chance to figure out there next move? What would that be? Searching for the next unsuspecting forum to punch them in the fart box too. I'm sorry bro but BS like that should have NEVER EVER left their shop. The BS that happened here should have never left their shop. They should have NEVER sent out anything till they KNEW what they were shipping was in WORKING order.

They knew the problem(s), even stated it in the CC forums, instead of milling out new bodies, they tried to fix them with a damn welder which in turn screwed up the anno. Even with all the blems and still no testing what so ever, sent out markers thinking the customer just needs to suck it up.

They're hammering in the last few nails, there's only so many paintball forums in the community.

Way to fall from grace PTP.
    Last edited by Ando; 03-13-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Get a chance to figure out there next move? What would that be? Searching for the next unsuspecting forum to punch them in the fart box too. I'm sorry bro but BS like that should have NEVER EVER left their shop. The BS that happened here should have never left their shop. They should have NEVER sent out anything till they KNEW what they were shipping was in WORKING order.

They knew the problem(s), even stated it in the CC forums, instead of milling out new bodies, they tried to fix them with a damn welder which in turn screwed up the anno. Even with all the blems and still no testing what so ever, sent out markers thinking the customer just needs to suck it up.

They're hammering in the last few nails, there's only so many paintball forums in the community.

Way to fall from grace PTP.
    hey i understand all that, but neither should anymore pre-orders, but all the forums allowed after more than a few pre-orders gone south...does that mean the forums are hammering the last few nails as well?

not sure what any of the reasoning was or is, but one thing i think might be true tho is that if there was no pre-order then that would have most likely eliminated the problem from tha start? i think?

i feel like a idiot for even responding, but it sucks hearing a bunch of negative BS....this is supposed to be an excape from everyday BS...but it dont really seem like that lately? Ando you know me man i would rather try and help people out than argue man, but if i have to argue im pretty good at that to...haha...i would rather not tho!

Pre-orders are a must for niche communities, no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Pre-orders are a must for niche communities, no way around it.

ok

hey i understand all that, but neither should anymore pre-orders, but all the forums allowed after more than a few pre-orders gone south...does that mean the forums are hammering the last few nails as well?

not sure what any of the reasoning was or is, but one thing i think might be true tho is that if there was no pre-order then that would have most likely eliminated the problem from tha start? i think?

i feel like a idiot for even responding, but it sucks hearing a bunch of negative BS....this is supposed to be an excape from everyday BS...but it dont really seem like that lately? Ando you know me man i would rather try and help people out than argue man, but if i have to argue im pretty good at that to...haha...i would rather not tho!
    I apologize for the tone of my post, but I feel your logic is flawed. There is no correlation between eliminating pre-orders and improved quality control. A forum does not control the QC process of a 3rd party company. There have been many successful pre-orders before this. Like everyone has been saying, it's all about how much a company actually cares. The argument that "pre-orders" cause a lack of quality control does not hold water.

As for the negativity... you could always move on to the next (happier) thread. There have been negative threads on forums for as long as forums have existed. I think the negativity you personally feel is artificially manufactured, since you don't really have a financial stake in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rschoi_75 View Post
    I apologize for the tone of my post, but I feel your logic is flawed. There is no correlation between eliminating pre-orders and improved quality control. A forum does not control the QC process of a 3rd party company. There have been many successful pre-orders before this. Like everyone has been saying, it's all about how much a company actually cares. The argument that "pre-orders" cause a lack of quality control does not hold water.
    I think there is a slight difference between, "We ain't gettin' paid 'till we deliver" and "Yo! They paid us already! We got teh money!!! "

Sure, company attitude matters, but I guess I'm the kind of guy that kind of likes to, you know, go ahead and hang onto my money.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by rschoi_75 View Post

As for the negativity... you could always move on to the next (happier) thread. There have been negative threads on forums for as long as forums have existed. I think the negativity you personally feel is artificially manufactured, since you don't really have a financial stake in this matter.
    well whether or not there is a correlation between eliminating pre-orders and improving quality control wasnt what i was referring to?

i didnt think i needed a financial stake in this matter to voice my opinion about pre-orders going bad? a thread that has a title "Some People Never Learn" that has people getting burned on pre-orders made me think that maybe if there were no pre-orders nobody would be getting burned?

Well, everything fits in to my MM 2k9 ok. Waiting on the steel washer for the spring to arrive in the mail and then I'll be able to test it at least. The grip/valve are borrowed from my kartamag so I'll have to find a nice grip and valve for it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Well, everything fits in to my MM 2k9 ok. Waiting on the steel washer for the spring to arrive in the mail and then I'll be able to test it at least. The grip/valve are borrowed from my kartamag so I'll have to find a nice grip and valve for it at some point.
    Oh god, did you not read the paper in the box? I'd be really, really worried about assembling my un-anodized marker. I'm not sure if you noticed but the threads are really, really tight, it's because the anno smoothes out the surface a bit and hardens the surface to act like a fine polishing job, I'd be leery of putting any screws in that might lead to some stripping. In a related note, I'd worry about playing with the gun as any oil or dirt accumulation could have an impact on the annoing process later.

Paper in the box? Uhm. No box, no paper. The threads were fine, no problems or tightness when putting in any screws either. I certainly don't intend to go out and play a game with it but I'm wanting to make sure everything is ok before I send it off for anno.... that and I need to collect the parts I need. Besides all that, I'm quite familiar with working on such things... I work on stuff similar to it all the time. My only real question is... how I should get it annoed. Might just send caustic customs and say "surprise me".....

PTP = Poop

Wow!!!

All the believers that think Tracy & PTP will correct this are delusional.

The wait will be long & the communication will just stop after they left everyone hanging.

All you have to do is read the last dozen pages of the MM2K9 thread to see how that company responded to us.

Had I known they were doing this I would of jumped in that thread, warned them & say hello to Tracy before she jumped ship AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by WUNDERWAFFEN View Post
    Wow!!!

All the believers that think Tracy & PTP will correct this are delusional.

The wait will be long & the communication will just stop after they left everyone hanging.

All you have to do is read the last dozen pages of the MM2K9 thread to see how that company responded to us.

Had I known they were doing this I would of jumped in that thread, warned them & say hello to Tracy before she jumped ship AGAIN!
    Tracy stopped responding after she received a phone call on her birthday from a user here who called here some very obscene things. Anybody who has played with me knows I have a foul mouth, and even I wouldn't say the kinds of things that this person did when he spoke with her. That's when and why she took a vacation from AO, it was clearly not the right response, but that was why.

I firmly believe that this will be taken care of as promised. I believe this to be the case for several reasons; for starters, the calm approach and level of maturity that Custom Cockers members have displayed in their thread so far, but also because these markers weren't machined from scratch - they're WGP bodies and there are more blanks where these came from, and adjusting the program to get them cut right will be easier than trying to troubleshoot a crowdsourced design built from scratch.

Full of BS

I am calling BS on that.

& what buisness would bail on all of its customers after a negative experience with one of them? & keep the extra $$$ it should've refunded.

& the icing on the cake is the grip panels... How can you put those on & not see what they did. Oh right who cares ship them.

They knew they were sending out junk. I am not familar with what exactly they did but to me it looks like after they originally machined the bodies they welded them & machined them again & then finished them.

I hope the customers start their paypal claims right away instead of waiting on PTP.

Have they used the military contract excuse yet?

& how did they actually crank this out in 3 months when ours took 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by WUNDERWAFFEN View Post
    & how did they actually crank this out in 3 months when ours took 3 years?
    Ours did not take 3 years.

Also, as I said before, these were milled from WGP blanks rather than from scratch. That's why they were done more quickly.

Grow up; people on CC have already received replacement grips and o-rings, including myself. The order for replacement bodies body blanks have already been placed. This will be taken care of as long as people like yourself who have no business getting involved don't show up and blow it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    This will be taken care of as long as people like yourself who have no business getting involved don't show up and blow it for everyone.
    I hope you are right. There are still people owed from the mm run that have not been taken care of.

I doubt you are right.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    I hope you are right. There are still people owed from the mm run that have not been taken care of.
    I doubt you are right.
    If Forest was ever going to fulfill his promises regarding the Micromag 2009, he would have done so by now.

A vulgar phone call from one idiot is their reasoning for walking away from their obligations.

They were once, dare I say, held in as high regard by this community as Mr. Kaye is still today.

No more.

Forgiveness is easy, forgetting is not.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    If Forest was ever going to fulfill his promises regarding the Micromag 2009, he would have done so by now.
    I doubt they ever will. Frankly I think they have written off their commitments. They got their $ and couldn't care about the customer. Milking the industry for all they can before they walk away.

I looked at their preorder for the sniper bodies and thought "mmm I might be interested" then I remembered how the micromags went and thought "nope, not interested".

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    They got their $ and couldn't care about the customer. Milking the industry for all they can before they walk away.
    If they had made a single dollar on the MM2K9, that might be the case. Had it gone ideally the project would have been barely profitable. As is, it might be a wash if the remaining bodies sell and all of those actually work for the end user.

Up to page 31 now.

New problems with the newer bodies.

Banjo bolts not fitting ?

http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...ody-Kit/page30

You have to feel bad for the customers.

Banjos fit fine on the other ones.