Thread: emag shuts off on first trigger pull Solved!

emag shuts off on first trigger pull Solved!

Hi guys,

so I just took out my mag this season and was only able to play mechanic mode. Last year was ok but now here's what happen :

-switch on = marker display 1.8 beta mode
    -press trigger = marker switch off no solenoid action

?

-switch off = nothing
    -switch on = marker display 1.8 beta mode
    -press trigger = marker switch off no solenoid action

wtf?

anyone encounter this and was able to fix this? here is what I check:

-battery full charge
    -PC board connections looks ok
    -DC screw providing electricity is snugly tighten
    -nothing out of the ordinary happened

thanks in advance

jh
    Last edited by mr.Jhon; 06-15-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Solved!

suaze Guest
    I had that problem with an aftermarket battery that was shorter than the AGD battery. It wasn't maintaining good contact. I fix the problem by putting an o-ring in the battery housing under the battery. The o-ring eliminates any slop. Good luck fixing your emag.

Are you absolutely positive that the board is shutting off? Because with Xmod 1.8 when you pull the trigger it clears the display to save battery power but the board is still turned on.

Have you tried cycling through your modes before pulling the trigger? Check to make sure you're not in PR-T mode or have ACE turned on (unless, of course, you actually have ACE).

I had this issue once when reassembling a recently ano'ed frame. Check the spacers on screw above the battery, inside the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I had this issue once when reassembling a recently ano'ed frame. Check the spacers on screw above the battery, inside the frame.
    Same thing happened to me, also could be the screw holding the board down is not grounding properly, try removing and reinstalling the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Are you absolutely positive that the board is shutting off? Because with Xmod 1.8 when you pull the trigger it clears the display to save battery power but the board is still turned on.

Have you tried cycling through your modes before pulling the trigger? Check to make sure you're not in PR-T mode or have ACE turned on (unless, of course, you actually have ACE).
    Solved ! I use a piece of foam under battery to stabilize it and Justus really open my eyes.... Last year I didn't play whit ACE until the very end and left it that way... so this is what happened:

-ACE where left on
    -switch on, x mod beta light on
    -put my finger in breach
    -pull trigger whit finger in = x mod turns off and solenoid clicks !!

So I learn valuables lesson today, beside noticing memory loss due to aging... if she doesn't click right away when you pull here trigger try putting your finger into her breech first, she might have here eyes open.

Does that makes sense? I don't know I'm french and English is my second tongue...

anyway thank very much and I also offer answer whit life question to those whit questions that is what I'm good at

Makes perfect sense.

Glad it's working!