Thread: good day of paintball

good day of paintball

Me and the wife played yesterday at what looks like is gonna be a pretty nice private field. Wife's first time ever playing. A friends nephew wanted to get in to playing. But no local field. So he got in contact with some local businesses about getting big spools. Set them up in a lightly wooded area on his property. I already own an old light chrony. And I have a scuba and they have co2 hookups. First time on the field there were 5 of us for the day. 2 experienced from years past. 2 rookies that have played before but not a lot. And my wife that had never played. The field could use some thorn bush and brush clearing since it is too small with no big trees to be a real woods field. And a few more spools. That way its more of a wooded speedball field. But for a first run. It worked out quite well. 3 hours of playing reminded me why I loved this sport to began with. At one point it was 2 on 3. Me and the field owner. He went right and I went left. My cross fire pushed 2 of the opponent's in to my teammates fire. So then we worked around each side for my wife. Teammate got the shot. He was trying for her gun but got her forehead. She was a real good sport about it. Didn't whine cry or anything. Just asked if there was a welp. So now it looks like my paint bill will go up. She did however love the minimag. She couldn't figure out why everyone else commented about the weight. Said on the field she didn't notice it at all. My Only complaint for the whole day was the crappy paint I was using. No chops. But it would break halfway down the barrel. Or just go poof 10 feet out of the barrel. Even when all clean the paint had nasty curve to it. Temp was high 50s. So I know that didn't help. But never again will I buy xball paint. Temps dictated my paint as I couldn't get any mailed to me due to weather. Couldn't risk it freezing in transport. So my only option was going to Dix sporting goods and buying the "best" stuff they had.

Sorry for the rambling. Just thought I would share.

hell yeah man! thanks for sharing!! she didnt notice the miniS weight is cool and no tears on a forehead shot damn!! last time i got hit on he head i was bout to tear up... but those old led Angels hit hard anyway lol

Good to hear, I will have to come over there and play with yall one weekend.

Glad to hear that you were able to recruit a new player!

I finally got my brother to come out with me last weekend and he wound up having a blast! Local field had a good turnout and we played 20v20 woods, urban and castle fields all day long. He got taken out early a few times, but he also had a few highlight eliminations that he was able to brag about between games. I was glad to have him out there and couldn't have been more pleased with how the day went.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron View Post
    Good to hear, I will have to come over there and play with yall one weekend.
    Give it a few more runs to get more bugs worked out of the field. But for a first time. It went real smooth. We all plan to get down there one sat. No matter how nice we get this field it just isn't the same as a day with 15 on 15 or so. I am hoping by the end of the summer that we can do consistent 5 on 5 games. Only time will tell. But that said. Your welcome with friends any time. Try to have your tanks full when you come though so it doesn't make a big hit right off the bat on my scuba tank. Co2 is no big deal. But I'm the only one with bulk hpa at the moment. Looking at a 110cf scuba tank for bulk right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 68magOwner View Post
    Glad to hear that you were able to recruit a new player!

I finally got my brother to come out with me last weekend and he wound up having a blast! Local field had a good turnout and we played 20v20 woods, urban and castle fields all day long. He got taken out early a few times, but he also had a few highlight eliminations that he was able to brag about between games. I was glad to have him out there and couldn't have been more pleased with how the day went.
    I wish my wife could have had that for a first time. I'm gonna do some looking for semi local fields that have good turn out and a nice real woods ball field. Wife would love that.