Thread: after some advice please.

after some advice please.

Got this emag. Valve number is xt00270. It's not on the we are the lucky ones list. So is another one to add.

Works lovely. But is looking a lot used and abused. Really needs re-anno. Foamy has come out. Is it glued in or does it have a nipple to hold it in place?

Also i would like to know what I could sell if for in this condition and also if I get it re-annoed.

Plus i would like to know if it be sacrilege to get it milled and make it unique?

Thanks in advance

Mick

That is an euro xmag, yes you will be hunted down for millling it. not sure on price but I don't think you would make much more if you ano it.

+1 On the X-mag, seems going rate is in the 800 category. I wouldn't bother re-annoing it unless you know it's never been done before- Every time it's done the tollerances get a bit more off from the last time. Your foamie glues in and replacements can be had from www.tunamart.com and www.airgundesignsusa.com

If you like the gun and just want to add flair. Get it milled and anno to your liking. If you plan to sell. Don't waste your time. It won't add much to resale and will cost to have it done.

Thanks for the info guys. I have the foamie so will just glue back in. Main reason for anno is due to pic below. But will just leave it and put it up as is tonight after reading rules.

tricky: I went ahead and updated the list for you Lately, I seen euro xmags sell between $650-$1000. Depending on condition and extras. Unfortunately, yours is a little beat up. If you need the money, I would sell it as is. If you like what you got, you could get it reanodized. I doubt you will get your money out of it though if you decided to anodizing and resell it in this market.

I think milling is okay, only if you can get it milled professionally. Please don't take a dremel to it I think the worst part would be to part out the valve from the Xmag.

If you're looking to sell, don't reanodize. The reason is two-fold. First, as mentioned, you won't get your investment back out of it. Second, you have no idea what color scheme the new owner would want, and you'd be potentially cutting your market way down. Let the new owner have the choice to reanodize. If they want to, then they get to have all the fun of customizing the marker to their likes... after they have bought and paid for it.

Thanks bunny. I wouldn't dream of getting a dremel to it. I would just end up fooking it up I am just going to leave it as is and sell it as I need the money. It would basically come all in top pic. Marker, charger, barrel and drop forward.

That body has a lot of meat on it. It has much more potential to be a custom X-mag than most on the market. That gives it a bit of value for someone who wants to have it milled.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.