Thread: X-mag wont fire in electronic mode

X-mag wont fire in electronic mode

Hi everyone, I purchased an x-mag recently and I am having some trouble getting it up and running. To summarize:

• Gun is lubed and fires fine in mechanical mode
    • Battery is new and is charged
    • Gun has readout for ace and trigger activation, trigger light blinks when I pull trigger and ace light blinks when i put something in the breech
    • Gun wont fire regardless if ace is on or off in settings

As this is my first electronic mag i'd appreciate some suggestions on things I can try or check as i'd love to get this baby running!

So looks like my solenoid is sticking, when I tip the gun it barely moves - bummer

Is it safe to assume that the mechanical safety is off. I think it would stop the sear from moving in any mode.

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    Is it safe to assume that the mechanical safety is off. I think it would stop the sear from moving in any mode.
    Ha, yes safe to assume that. Safety is not on. I think it might be a bent plunger rod as the plunger seems to be binding somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by ginetta View Post
    Ha, yes safe to assume that. Safety is not on. I think it might be a bent plunger rod as the plunger seems to be binding somewhere
    Yeah, I recently picked up my 1st emag and that was one of the things that many people stressed, take the sear rod out before you remove the rail. If it is a bent plunger, I think they can be fixed but I am not certain.

It ended up being the plunger. Took everything apart and the rod looked crooked. Tried to bend it by hand to the best of my ability and voila it works. Also RT's much better as well.

The plungers would naturally bend a bit through the cycling process. The best way to check for a binding plunger is to remove the valve from the gun, point the barrel end of the gun straight forward (so gravity is working to pull the plunger down) push down on the back end of the sear (part that contacts the on/off valve) and then let go and the sear should fall down and the back end of the sear should be all the way up. If it doesn't the plunger is binding in the solenoid and bending the clevis rod a bit will get it back in alignment and the solenoid won't have to work as hard to pull it down. Solenoids do go bad, but very rarely. I think I replaced maybe one or two in my time teching E-Mags...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVCG View Post
    The plungers would naturally bend a bit through the cycling process. The best way to check for a binding plunger is to remove the valve from the gun, point the barrel end of the gun straight forward (so gravity is working to pull the plunger down) push down on the back end of the sear (part that contacts the on/off valve) and then let go and the sear should fall down and the back end of the sear should be all the way up. If it doesn't the plunger is binding in the solenoid and bending the clevis rod a bit will get it back in alignment and the solenoid won't have to work as hard to pull it down. Solenoids do go bad, but very rarely. I think I replaced maybe one or two in my time teching E-Mags...
    Thanks Black. Seem to be up and running now - was breaking paint last weekend so have to figure that out but at least I'm cycling!