Thread: Lukes mini

Lukes mini

well i have the beautiful frame Luke carved out of a brick. i wondering what people r doing with them? im stuck in between what i want and what i can do. I really want a pneu.... but i dont think it is fair that im not capped off on my bps( although knowing i have the fastest marker is cool) so i was thinking doing a ep with a pmr board( popular mod on angle LCDs) or even a ego board but there isnt enough room. now im thinking i dont need to adjust it all the time it would b in semi all the time( so not changing the settings like ever) i was thinking if there was a way to mod a emag batt housing to hold the board and or have it to where i can have the buttons on the side would be sweet. the grip will hold my lpr and noid(for sure on lpr)

what r some options?

i tried reading what you posted, but i went cross eyed in the process and seized up.

Can you show a picture of the board sitting on the frame without the grips to get an idea of the size?

both my frames are out for Ano, but when they get back i can put the etek board i have in one of them to give you an idea of the size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    virtue left... ego right

if the board could mount inside like this and or even be able to use the buttons

this is the board mount made from a guy it is just delrin i think, it is basic but effective. i could shave some off the boards and even drill a hole in them. the board just sandwiched between the plastic parts

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3837993

lol... nevermind!

If you can shave some off the board and perhaps make some room down around the bottom of the frame between the asa screws (still under the grips) you may be able to get it to fit. Would the other side be deep enough for the board?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    If you can shave some off the board and perhaps make some room down around the bottom of the frame between the asa screws (still under the grips) you may be able to get it to fit. Would the other side be deep enough for the board?

do u mean like just drop it in there or room for a mount? because it can fit but i will flop around

Didn't say anything about a mount, as that is irrelevant if you cant stuff it in the frame.

so r u saying just stuff it in there? u dont think it needs a mount?

I think he means there is no reason in thinking about a mount if you cant stuff it in there.

Also what about the universal t-boards? I havnt heard much about them since I came back to the sport, but I see they are still selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron View Post
    I think he means there is no reason in thinking about a mount if you cant stuff it in there.

Also what about the universal t-boards? I havnt heard much about them since I came back to the sport, but I see they are still selling them.
    Ok cool I wasn't understanding what's the info on a t board? R they any good and where can I get them? Thanks man!

How does the board on the left normally mount?

pmr boards slide into a slot in the frame and are held in by the grips, with no mounting screws. same with the etek boards except they have a nifty little rubber gromit thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Ok cool I wasn't understanding what's the info on a t board? R they any good and where can I get them? Thanks man!
    from what i last heard p8ntball4me has tons of them.

Luke did u look at my link i posted about the virtue board mod? the tboard looks like a winner, holy crap thats small! how would i mod this? i really dont want to have to cut or drill outside of the frame.... in a year i dont want my crap breaking and me having to do a different mod and have holes. so just asking how would one mount the tboard and mount the switch- buttons? I just need a safety or a on off so when im not on the field the marker wont shoot. maybe i should just do the pneu mod.... but i was reading if u de gas and re gas u will have to adjust the lpr... since its a sleeper(hidden) that would be a hassle

keep in mind this is my first build of this type and dont have all the "modding" knowledge just throw me you input and ideas! Thanks guys!

The T board isnt usually mounted. It is so small and IIRC, coated or covered with shrink tubing and just hangs loose in the frame. Usually by the time you add wire, switches and a battery it is held in place pretty snugly from the installs that I have seen.