Thread: pump kits?

pump kits?

Is anyone out there still making pump kits?

not on a regular basis? not sure why tho...seems the market is there for more pump kits? you could try to see if Rainman229 has started making more?

good luck man?

Rainman is currently on hiatus making these. He said he is changing his code or something to make it easier to produce these? He also said the last time he made them it took him 2 years to sell out, so its not a huge priority for him. XM15 was making them, but then he vapored. These were nice kits and well priced. I wishe he would have stuck with it. A certain popular machinist on these forums has hinted and teased about coming out with something, but so far, no joy.

If anyone finds someone who is making or is willing to make Automag pump kits let me know. I have a buddy of mine that wants to get his Automag turned into a pump. XM15 has disappeared, there was a person on mcarterbrown with the same name I tried PMing him but have not had any response as of yet. There has to be a market for these...

Outlaw on the tippmann x7og and a5og forums is toying with the idea of making some... ill bug him about it and see if he has time.

Price seems to be the key to whether they sell or not. At $60 the XM15 ones sold decently I beleive. While nicer, the Rainman ones simply didnt sell as well, I'm sure partly due to them being $140+

While we're talking about pump kits, how much does an AGD milled minimag powerfeed pump body go for these days?

I'm also looking to turn a spare Mag into a pump. I saw a Rainman kit for sale in BST a month ago. It was priced at $150, which I couldn't spring for at the time. Haven't seen a kit for sale since.

We will just have to find an interested machinist to do a run of these. We would all have to pitch in some capital beforehand though in order to get the ball rolling, as I'm sure no one would undertake this project without some money backing it.

Im torn in my pistol build right now, I really like the idea of a semi with a 40rnd hopper... but then I like the idea of a foregrip mounted 12 gram stick feed pump even more. Its an endless cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by halB View Post
    While we're talking about pump kits, how much does an AGD milled minimag powerfeed pump body go for these days?
    dont think they do it, luke or XMT will it like 30 i think

Well, I got a minimag body that is definitely milled for pump, and it was tefloned. I polished it, but I left the teflon around the pump part just to prove it.

I've wanted to do them for awhile now, but it would have fall in behind 2 or possibly 3 projects I currently have planned, I'm in the middle of the first one now.
    If anyone has an AGD pump kit they would loan me I would really like to borrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I've wanted to do them for awhile now, but it would have fall in behind 2 or possibly 3 projects I currently have planned, I'm in the middle of the first one now.
    If anyone has an AGD pump kit they would loan me I would really like to borrow it.
    as long as they are smooth stroke with no bind, talk to cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    as long as they are smooth stroke with no bind, talk to cerberus
    the CI and AGD kits are the same design!

with the right tools a new pump kit can be made?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    dont think they do it, luke or XMT will it like 30 i think
    AGD did all their bodies pump milled "all bodies made after June 1994 have the enlarged sear slot". Said in this AGD pump conversion kit manual

I think they stopped doing them around the time they stopped making the pump kits 1997? So I'd say there's quite a few of them around.

Does anyone have the part number or a location to purchase the wave spring? Only thing holding me up right now. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Markdeluco View Post
    Does anyone have the part number or a location to purchase the wave spring? Only thing holding me up right now. Suggestions?
    The wave spring is about 0.93" OD, 0.737" ID with a free height of approximately 0.2" and a compressed (solid) height of approximately 0.04". The spring is made of three turns of 0.094" wide, 0.012" thick strip. The closest match from Smalley appears to be the C100-M1, with specs here: http://www.smalley.com/SpringPropert...artNbr=C100-M1