Thread: WTB Orange Emag LED

WTB Orange Emag LED

Kind of just testing the waters, I might be interested in an Orange Emag LED screen. Does anyone have one?

Good luck finding an Orange Emag LED (HCMS-2914) We tried to get a group buy on AO a few times but never got enough people to buy any orange screens. I think you need a minimum order of 40

I decided buy a yellow one from Digikey instead and it looks great. I just ordered from them a few weeks ago and have no complaints

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...75-5-ND/637439

I did find this, looks like I might be able to order qty:1 I was hoping to find one for less, but as you said, they are rare.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CDAQ8wIwAA
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 03-13-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: words

Cool! Give it a try and let me know. The price is about right, but for some reason I don't really trust that first site. The second one from CA might be legit

if we can get colored screens again, and this is it i need many of them
    yellow, blue, 2 x purple, buncha green,

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    if we can get colored screens again, and this is it i need many of them
    yellow, blue, 2 x purple, buncha green,
    All I did was find an old post with the item numbers and did a google shopping search and the orange came up. I also found a few "discontinued" electronics websites that I have submitted quote requests to. I just want to see if they actually have the parts they list on their sites.

Fyi, watch out for those e-mail lists. I accidentally put my e-mail in and received over 200+ e-mails in 24 hours. Mostly saying the blue LED screen were discontinued.

Green and Yellow are available on Digikey btw. Blue is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Fyi, watch out for those e-mail lists. I accidentally put my e-mail in and received over 200+ e-mails in 24 hours. Mostly saying the blue LED screen were discontinued.

we have to order 1000 screens to get digi key to make them right? or some high number like that is that correct?

does tunaman swap the screens?

Screens pull right off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    we have to order 1000 screens to get digi key to make them right? or some high number like that is that correct?

does tunaman swap the screens?
    Digikey is a distributor. Avago is the manufacturer. As mentioned the blue are obsolete and no longer made.

A lot of the sites you pull up on google searches are just fishing basically. These companies list nearly every electronic component ever made in order to generate calls from OEMS looking for hard to find parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

These sites seem legitimate, all they wanted was my social security number and bank account information If anything comes of my inquiries, I will let people know.