Thread: any chance of new mags from AGD anytime?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

any chance of new mags from AGD anytime?

With empire doing the sniper and now the autococker plus lapco bringing out twisters again,what are the chances of AGD and a new mag?i love mechanicals especially automags and would love to see AGD cranking out some new stuff too.

Chances are quite low.

What sort of changes are you wanting?

twister?

Do they even have a design department?

0.00% chance

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Chances are quite low.

These days if someone ordered from the factory a foregrip on the rail, clamping feedneck and if not an on/off asa than a decent standard one. Also, this is 2013, the days of sight rails and whatnot are gone, have factory hole-less rails and get rid of the extra.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtPB View Post
    These days if someone ordered from the factory a foregrip on the rail, clamping feedneck and if not an on/off asa than a decent standard one. Also, this is 2013, the days of sight rails and whatnot are gone, have factory hole-less rails and get rid of the extra.
    Foregrips do come directly on the rails these days. They do not utilize clamping feednecks because they realize this is a personal preference thing that a lot of people swap out regardless. It just raises the price. Same with on/off ASAs. Current models also do not come with site rails and the rails are in fact holeless excepting for the one for the sear axle.

So I guess they already produce your dream Mag other than wanting feedneck and ASA options?

This is what a current RT Pro come from the factory looking like*:

Name:  368.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  21.9 KB

* I have heard that they no longer offer the bike style grip, but instead use a foam grip. And I think the grips are different possibly as well.

Foregrips do come directly on the rails these days. They do not utilize clamping feednecks because they realize this is a personal preference thing that a lot of people swap out regardless. It just raises the price. Same with on/off ASAs. Current models also do not come with site rails and the rails are in fact holeless excepting for the one for the sear axle.

So I guess they already produce your dream Mag other than wanting feedneck and ASA options?

This is what a current RT Pro come from the factory looking like*:

Name:  368.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  21.9 KB

* I have heard that they no longer offer the bike style grip, but instead use a foam grip. And I think the grips are different possibly as well.
    Guess I haven't looked at AGD's website in years for anything I want but not my dream mag by any means, no. Just stating what people expect from a marker in that price range these days.

Chances are quite low.

A first strike round capable, magazine fed, zgrip that can shoot freakin laser beams.

Bring out different milled rails and body's with updated feed necks and detents.bring back y frames and matching annoed x-valves,they don't have to create a totally new marker but rather update a few things.there is a large crowd of younger folks that don't even know what a automag is.(make what is old new again)I guess I'm just being too hopeful. :-) :-)

There is really no reason for AGD to make anymore mags. I think it actually has helped the marketplace for used mags to be completely stable compared to other manufacturers out there.

Btw, we have a few really talented people working on new parts for Automags to this day. Sure its not AGD, but some of the parts are just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Bring out different milled rails and body's with updated feed necks and detents.bring back y frames and matching annoed x-valves,they don't have to create a totally new marker but rather update a few things.there is a large crowd of younger folks that don't even know what a automag is.(make what is old new again)I guess I'm just being too hopeful. :-) :-)
    IIRC, it took them YEARS to finally get rid of the Y frames because they sold so poorly. There are several companies offering bodies, rails and frames already which is something that is usually handled by the aftermarket. Do Dye or Kee offer body kits or custom frames for their markers?

One area that I would strongly agree that updates could be done is in regards to colors. But then you get into what colors sell, which don't? And if you start anodizing the valves, you have to have matching bodies and what happens if people start ordering clown markers with red valves, purple bodies and green frames? So I get that aspect of it because if you make everything black, it all matches. And lets be honest, Mag are probably used more so in woodsball games than tourney, so black is probably a better choice for most.

My .02

CCM seem to do a pretty good job with their special colors. This is a topic that has been beat to death, revived, and then beat to death again and again. All I have to say is that those updates are what newer buyers expect a gun at that price to have these days. I don't even expect AGD to ever get back to where they were when they had their name on the airball bunkers and whatnot, that ship has sailed. I'd just like to see them operate at a level like CCM where they do some updating along the way, offer the options(colors and parts, even if they have to be ordered and paid for before-hand) and reach out to the community.

Not to mention, true CCM markers have great resale.
    Last edited by KurtPB; 03-14-2013 at 11:44 AM.

IIRC, it took them YEARS to finally get rid of the Y frames because they sold so poorly. There are several companies offering bodies, rails and frames already which is something that is usually handled by the aftermarket. Do Dye or Kee offer body kits or custom frames for their markers?

One area that I would strongly agree that updates could be done is in regards to colors. But then you get into what colors sell, which don't? And if you start anodizing the valves, you have to have matching bodies and what happens if people start ordering clown markers with red valves, purple bodies and green frames? So I get that aspect of it because if you make everything black, it all matches. And lets be honest, Mag are probably used more so in woodsball games than tourney, so black is probably a better choice for most.

My .02
    Actually if they would sell in black and raw so that you could get it anodized yourself, I think that would be great. Plus, having raw parts on hand wouldn't create to much in overstock. You could always send them out to be anodized black if the black supply ran low.

Also, I would like to see an update in the efficiency of the valve. This is where the 'Mag is falling behind considerably. I know there is a drop in to do the job, but I would like to see a valve come out of the factory with better efficiency.
    Last edited by LoveMyMagMoreThanYou; 03-17-2013 at 08:32 AM.

CPPA Member #1875