Thread: Account validated! Time for an intro?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Account validated! Time for an intro?

Meet and greet seemed like the right place for this...maybe not.

Anyway, glad to be a member here. After over a decade in paintball I can finally say I'm a mag owner. I've spent most of my time in the "service" dodging them (I picked the cocker side of war so many years ago) I've finally joined the dark side. I've owned and/or shot most every type of paintball gun, but I can honestly say I've never owned or shot a mag. When I was working in Wichita, KS I met a guy who called himself my "evil twin"...for every mag he had, I had a cocker to answer. He sparked my interest and a forum member here put his EgoMag up for sale and I'm now it's proud new owner. I haven't received it yet...but I have high hopes.

I'm sure I'll have questions as I get into this, but just wanted to say hi!

This is the gun I bought:

Last edited by FormulaZR; 03-15-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Good evening. Mags are just as great as the autococker. I'm on the other side of that coin. I started using a mag in the mid 90s and never looked back. I always loved the autococker. There look, sound, feel, and capabilities. But there is just something about a gun as simple as a mag. Basically nothing to ever go wrong. Play. Clean. Put up. Drag it back out 10 years later. Oil it. Play. Clean and put up.

Welcome to the forum. And have fun with your new gun. There are a lot of guys here that can help with any question you may have.

Welcome to the club. There really is no dark side, just the other side. Enjoy the new marker and have fun as far as questions just ask most everyone is ready and willing to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Good evening. Mags are just as great as the autococker. I'm on the other side of that coin. I started using a mag in the mid 90s and never looked back. I always loved the autococker. There look, sound, feel, and capabilities. But there is just something about a gun as simple as a mag. Basically nothing to ever go wrong. Play. Clean. Put up. Drag it back out 10 years later. Oil it. Play. Clean and put up.

Welcome to the forum. And have fun with your new gun. There are a lot of guys here that can help with any question you may have.
    Ha ha...I just had an Alfred Hitchcock flashblack! Anyway, I've always heard the praises of mags...and never hated them like some of my cocker brethren. I always liked the mechanics of an autococker. Kind of something to tinker with off field since on field time is so short. But...since I've seen the light of many other types of markers that I thought I'd hate, I had to give one a try. I'm sure I'll like having at least one gun that doesn't need the attention of a desperate housewife! Besides...I've always been such a sucker for acid wash.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrtk View Post
    Welcome to the club. There really is no dark side, just the other side. Enjoy the new marker and have fun as far as questions just ask most everyone is ready and willing to help you out.
    Thanks...I'm sure I'll have questions; so I'll apologize in advance for asking stupid questions - but I promise to use the search feature before I ask one!

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
    Ha ha...I just had an Alfred Hitchcock flashblack! Anyway, I've always heard the praises of mags...and never hated them like some of my cocker brethren. I always liked the mechanics of an autococker. Kind of something to tinker with off field since on field time is so short. But...since I've seen the light of many other types of markers that I thought I'd hate, I had to give one a try. I'm sure I'll like having at least one gun that doesn't need the attention of a desperate housewife! Besides...I've always been such a sucker for acid wash.

Thanks...I'm sure I'll have questions; so I'll apologize in advance for asking stupid questions - but I promise to use the search feature before I ask one!

sup dood? your gonna have fun with your EgoMag...just make sure to check your LPR to make sure its regulating proper to protect the lil noid....will ya post pics of your new EgoMag?

search button is a helpful tool, but definitely ask questions to help ya out along way? look up hill, he has a great thread on egomags and a bunch of videos and also look up renie, he has made some nice egomags and some nice creemags and both have a ton of knowledge!

have fun yo!!!

Edit: ya got pics posted haha...and the pebbles are very nice LPRs

thats a nice first mag!!!!

Now that you have pix..... that is one sweet first mag. If the for grip wasn't angled it would be perfect to me. Take care of it. It will street you well.

As for something to play with off field. I have motorcycles for that. Maybe one day I will break down and buy a cocker like you did a mag.