Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO, What is Left to DO??

1. Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Just noticed the tabs. Very nice!

How about a quick-reply box on threads now?
    Try it now........Posted with Quick Reply.

single click = Quick

double click = Advanced
    Last edited by AO Moderation Team; 03-25-2013 at 09:20 PM.

-The AO Moderation Team
    "Everything in Moderation"

Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team View Post
    Added 2 tabs.............Hows that??
    How about a tab to the Shoebox?

chat?

I'm looking into a few options. Stay tuned on this one.

I would like to see a dedicated "TUNABALL" forum on AO. I would like to place to organize past threads and pictures and new ones going forward. I volunteer to mod/organize it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I would like to see a dedicated "TUNABALL" forum on AO. I would like to place to organize past threads and pictures and new ones going forward. I volunteer to mod/organize it.
    Instead of a forum, how about access to the CMS feature on AO. You could edit and create as many articles/posts about Tunaball as you want.

Well, I'm working on a picture gallery that we can upload all of the AO event pics to. Tunaball ones are high on my list to start with, then moving to some of the older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Instead of a forum, how about access to the CMS feature on AO. You could edit and create as many articles/posts about Tunaball as you want.
    Im not real familiar with the CMS stuff yet.. but I can make and edit as many threads right now as I like also. Since we are going on year #7 now, there is tons of stuff I could use for a sub forum. I was thinking about making a dedicated website (and I still might) but since TB is the premier AO event nowadays I think it would be better to do it here.

My mentality is to keep everything within AO. Many of our favorite sites have come and gone long before AO. I think we need to work together and compile as much information about mags as possible so it doesn't get deleted or lost.

I'm testing out a chat room on the dev forums. Let me know what you guys think.

DEV FORUMS - CLICK HERE

I just noticed that there seems to be a 13 character limit to the "Custom User Title".
    My existing title is longer than 13, but when I tried to change it will only accept 13.
    (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I'm testing out a chat room on the dev forums. Let me know what you guys think.

DEV FORUMS - CLICK HERE

Found a better chatbox. Please go test!

DEV FORUMS - CLICK HERE

Stop me if I am way off base with this but what about giving the money to agd to set up a tent at living ledgends. Its close to shop and you could use the money to take some mags out there and let some people who never had a chance to experience the joy of shooting a mag to get a chance to try it for a couple hours. At the end use the funds to give some mags away as prizes to some lucky winners. I just think it would be awsome to give people the chance to shoot these amazing guns all it takes is a couple shots and your hooked.... I don't know but I'd love to see that.

The $ was raised for a specific reason - redoing the AO website & servers. Anything outside of that would go towards the scholarship fund.

Secondly, Tom has nothing REALLY to do with AGD's daily operations anymore. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Found a better chatbox. Please go test!

DEV FORUMS - CLICK HERE
    Yeah... hold off on this for right now. My webhost just crapped the bed at one of their datacenters.

...so should we post the dev site on indiegogo.com?

...so should we post the dev site on indiegogo.com?
    I'm buyin' a house - I won't turn it down.

And the dev site is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team View Post
    Try it now........Posted with Quick Reply.

single click = Quick

double click = Advanced
    Wow, I like! I used a quick reply from the "reply with quote" button, which is something I've not seen anywhere else!

The lack of supporting comments about sponsoring an AO Day only reinforces that an AO Day should be sponsored to remind the old timers, and introduce the youngsters, as to why this place was the stuff of legends...
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Only legendary thing in the past was rippin on Shartley, otherwise it was a post whore fest with a few that thought this site was their personal playground. Best thing to happen was the little factions getting butt sore and establishing their own sites.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    Only legendary thing in the past was rippin on Shartley,
    chat parties were pretty legendary

Shatnerball. The AO-SE and TX events (which I sadly didn't experience outside of midnight phone calls). NJ-AO Days, now evolved into Tunaball. Far more epic than Shibby or anyone else's bruised egos.

Here's a Spam firewall/post spam mod. It's pretty robust - blocking IP addresses it has on file as well as using the AKISMET API for spam detection.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042
    Installed. Now, between the "secret question" and the APIs that this mod uses, we shouldn't see ANY spam in the forums again.

Yay. Now all we need is iTrader....

One thing at a time.

iTrader has been enabled.

Please start leaving feedback if possible. It also requires the URL of the deal that the seller & buyer were communicating through.

If people have any issues with it, please let me know and I'll troubleshoot the best I can. Testing it with just Bunny and myself doesn't really stress the system or find places that need improvement.

The Tunamart and Lukes Customs tabs are a nice touch.

Any vendor with a website can get that option or is there a charge for a webstore tab ?

iTrader has been enabled.

Please start leaving feedback if possible. It also requires the URL of the deal that the seller & buyer were communicating through.

If people have any issues with it, please let me know and I'll troubleshoot the best I can. Testing it with just Bunny and myself doesn't really stress the system or find places that need improvement.
    I dont have access to give people feedback..

Bunny, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Bunny, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Yeah I just got the same result.
    Anyone notice the calender only goes to 2006 ?

Fixed. iTrader sticks the permissions in the Usergroup settings. Forgot to set those. Should be ready to go now.