Thread: Son's first time! And he did it with a Mag!

Son's first time! And he did it with a Mag!

Today, my 12 year old son played his first game of paintball and he loved it! I was worried he'd be overwhelmed by intense ramping and aggressive gameplay and then never want to play again.

However, we were able to be joined up with a birthday party with a healthy mix of teenaged boys and girls. I have suspicions of a high school dance group date going on too, though I never asked. The field owner thought that too.

In the third game, my son got his first elimination when he was getting bunkered by two players at the end of the game. He shot the one out, switched sides, and almost got the other one too but he got hit instead. I was so proud of him as I watched from the dead box.

He had a good time playing with my wife's ULE Automag, who said we'd pay if we "broke it". My only regret was that we forgot to bring the camera to document his first day.

Quote Originally Posted by esperto96 View Post
    He had a good time playing with my wife's ULE Automag, who said we'd pay if we "broke it".

How exactly was she figuring this was going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Drix View Post
    How exactly was she figuring this was going to happen?
    I think her logic was along the lines of, "It's mine, I love it, it's my baby, don't hurt it" more than any actual chance of it failing under the abuse it might take. It came home completely unharmed.

Glad to hear man. I kinda did the same thing with my wife last week. Glad it worked out for you guys. Now you are gonna have to get him his own mag

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Glad to hear man. I kinda did the same thing with my wife last week. Glad it worked out for you guys. Now you are gonna have to get him his own mag
    Last year, we built a classic mag for him, in anticipation. We weren't sure if he'd like the sport so we mostly used spare parts I already had (funny how mags multiply like that). The good thing is he loved it so we can now invest in a fancier marker for him.

My wife wasn't coming with us so her ULE was available. We brought both markers and, of course, he preferred aluminum over steel. We kept his classic in the car as a backup.

Its funny with mags. Somewhere along the line you end up with a spare valve and think "Gee, for $20 I can have a whole new gun"

Well that works. I figure if my wife plays all summer I will upgrade her minimag I got her to a ule mag of some sort. And yes they do multiply.