Thread: Sydermag with a VS1 frame ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sydermag with a VS1 frame ??

So i bought a spyder VS1 to make a Spydermag , and just from mocking it up, it dosent look like the frame is going to work ... has anyone used the VS series frame for this ? And if so .. please let know know how you did it ...

I've only seen them done with the older ESP frame. Not to say it can't be done. But all the write ups I read only used the ESP.

I did some research into this when I was deciding whether to go electro or pneu, I went pneu...

i had it pnuemag, but i couldnt get it to work right, so i took the frame off ... spydermag is easy , but the clapper on this frame is vertical, and the rear of the sear is pushed down when firing, which is completely back wards from how a mag needs to fire ... unless i machine some type of custom sear for the frame and the mag, i cant see this working... 60 dollars wasted on a damn spyder .. lol

Id give the pneu another shot, its actually very simple to set up. Based on instructions for a spydermag and doing a pneu myself, I'm glad I went pneu.

What was wrong with your pneu setup?

idk ... may have be my tank , the trigger actuated the sear and all, but the pull was stiff , just couldnt get it to be as fast or as smooth as the other pnuemags ive seen , and i used as intelliframe, i didnt really like it at all

Are you sure you have a pneumatic setup in the frame? Or are you talking about the mag being mechanical?

Not to thread jack, but I have an issue with a spydermag grip I built. It seems my noid doesn't have the power to trip the sear in my mag. Initially I tried it in my spyder, and it wouldn't trip the sear in that, so I figured I'd do the machine work on it, then get the electronics figure out when the time came.

Fast foreword to when the time came to assemble, I tried it again and barely enough force to move the sear, so I tried different batteries, a new capacitor, even a working noid from a friends gun, still not enough power to trip it. I'm at a loss here. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic

MOTY3
    What valve and on/off are you using ?

Oops, forgot that, classic valve, ult on/off, but I also tried my xvalve with the ult in it and still no go.

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic

sounds like you may have to adjust the settings on the board then (assuming you can, i'm not sure on a spyder e grip) to put more energy to the solenoid ... early hyperframe had a setting from 1 - 9 , other boards you had dwell setting etc to fine tune the grip.