Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydermag with a VS1 frame ??

Sydermag with a VS1 frame ??

So i bought a spyder VS1 to make a Spydermag , and just from mocking it up, it dosent look like the frame is going to work ... has anyone used the VS series frame for this ? And if so .. please let know know how you did it ...

I've only seen them done with the older ESP frame. Not to say it can't be done. But all the write ups I read only used the ESP.

I did some research into this when I was deciding whether to go electro or pneu, I went pneu...

i had it pnuemag, but i couldnt get it to work right, so i took the frame off ... spydermag is easy , but the clapper on this frame is vertical, and the rear of the sear is pushed down when firing, which is completely back wards from how a mag needs to fire ... unless i machine some type of custom sear for the frame and the mag, i cant see this working... 60 dollars wasted on a damn spyder .. lol

Id give the pneu another shot, its actually very simple to set up. Based on instructions for a spydermag and doing a pneu myself, I'm glad I went pneu.

What was wrong with your pneu setup?

idk ... may have be my tank , the trigger actuated the sear and all, but the pull was stiff , just couldnt get it to be as fast or as smooth as the other pnuemags ive seen , and i used as intelliframe, i didnt really like it at all

Are you sure you have a pneumatic setup in the frame? Or are you talking about the mag being mechanical?

Only reason I ask, is with a pneumag setup, the trigger no longer activates the sear, the trigger activates a 3 way that activates a ram, then the ram moves the sear.

Most people with a pneumag setup claim about a 1 mm trigger pull and is very walkable

yeah , i couldnt get mine set-up like that ... i also built an ego frame for it, but the board was crap in the frame and i couldnt get it right , so i figured screw it, I'm just gonna use a spider frame other that worrying about the pnuematic ram and the electro pnuematic 2 way valve and all of that of that, just to bad i bought the wrong frame ..

So.... you've worked on an electro-pneumatic ego frame, an intelliframe with a pneu kit and now the spyder frame?

Id get one of the others working before I put spyder garbage on my mag. Isn't a board for the ego less than that spyder cost you anyway?

Yeah, i would just personally prefer to put a frame that is already made for the electro components with and electro clapper, its just alot less stuff without the LPR and all that, and with anything else that is homemade will come more problems, i know spyder frame isnt the highest quality way, but it seems to be the easiest way, ive been messing with this thing for over a year, im just ready to get it shooting pretty much

I probably have spent over 500 on this thing and it isnt working yet, so im getting pretty aggravated, lol

Well, best of luck to you. Maybe someone will chime in with a way to get that frame to work? But I'm pretty sure your going to have to find the older esp style frame. That's the one I've seen in all the write ups and photos.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with the other frames! That sucks.

Can you post a pic of thw VS1 frame?

I did a similar mod with a SLG frame, maybe I can help you out

the sear in this frame is setup like the mechanical spider frames ... the sear is horizontal, and when the clapper trips the sear, the rear of the sear moves downward, which is completely opposite of how a automag sear operates . And the from cannot be cut to allow the front part of the spyder sear which moves upward to contact the mag sear in any way .. so it wont work ... and like i said, unless i get some sort of crazy sear custom machined , it wont work

If its a standard spyder sear tripper it will work. There's several ways to make it work, just do a search, all the info is out there.
    Last edited by luke; 03-20-2013 at 09:27 AM.

The clapper is the vs series actuates upward, unlike the esp e-frame that actuates forward and there is enough room to flip the clapper because the foregrip would cause me to cut the trigger area nearly in half, ive done searches and no luck for finding one done with the VS frame

So the clapper trips up... just a random spitball not looking at the frame or any pics idea.....

What if you cut the sear arm in half and got the bottom welded back on in an L shape. Then used the already cut and useless trigger pin as the link between the clapper/ sear. That would utilize the upward motion of the clapper and modify the sear to allow that type of actuation...

Here is a ghetto visualization:

--L-- sear
    l sear rod
    [] clapper

You may have to drill an indent in the clapper for the rod to seat in, or permanently mount the rod in a certain position somehow... but its a possibility. Now the question is, is the clapper strong enough to trip that?

Sorry if the illustration doesn't line up, it did when I wrote it

because the location of the sear in the spider frame is to far up to meet the back of the automag sear to make the rear of the mag sear to go up .. and there isnt enough room in the spyder frame to move the sear ... if i did re configure the sear, the angle would be so great, i highly doubt the clapper would have the power to trip the sear ... i got an older frame already ... so its gonna be ok

and the sear in the VS frames is not an L sear ... it looks pretty much like a cocker sear and operates the same way

Oh, I was more referring to the automag sear having a direct link to the clapper, like how a real automag electric frame works.... remove the spyder sear altogether

yeah, i thought about it, but u dont have room to move the frame up that far, i would have to cut the trigger area almost in half if i flipped the noid

We are on two different planets talking about this

The Mokal Fokus has the solenoid mounted in the same way as the VS1, I was doing fliped 'noid mods on these back in the day.

MOTY3
    Did you get this working ? I have built two Mags with Spyder electronics and noids. Both my noids are verticle and push upwards on the back of a modified Mag sear.

Out of curiosity: how many shots do you get from a 9v with a setup like that?

Not to thread jack, but I have an issue with a spydermag grip I built. It seems my noid doesn't have the power to trip the sear in my mag. Initially I tried it in my spyder, and it wouldn't trip the sear in that, so I figured I'd do the machine work on it, then get the electronics figure out when the time came.

Fast foreword to when the time came to assemble, I tried it again and barely enough force to move the sear, so I tried different batteries, a new capacitor, even a working noid from a friends gun, still not enough power to trip it. I'm at a loss here. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic

MOTY3
    What valve and on/off are you using ?

MOTY3
    Spirit if your question was for me... I havent really counted...sorry I just dont play enough anymore.

warchild, to go along with what flatliner was getting at. If you are using the stock classic on off that is most likely your problem. Frames like the Hyperframe or booh yaah come with a new on off that uses emag style pins, which reduces the force to activate the trigger/on off.

This is most likely your problem, if you have a different on off from the classic then it is probably just too weak of a clapper.

here are on offs for reference:
    left classic, middle hyper/booh yaah, right x valve style

Oops, forgot that, classic valve, ult on/off, but I also tried my xvalve with the ult in it and still no go.

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic