Thread: Karta body on am/mm rail

Karta body on am/mm rail

Has anyone done this or have a picture of a karta body on an am/mm rail? Im wondering if i cut the lip off of the front if it would be flush with shorter rail. Trying to build a compact y gripped mag. If not, does anyone with a karta body want to snap a pic of it on said am/mm rail for me?

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman wi View Post
    Has anyone done this or have a picture of a karta body on an am/mm rail? Im wondering if i cut the lip off of the front if it would be flush with shorter rail. Trying to build a compact y gripped mag. If not, does anyone with a karta body want to snap a pic of it on said am/mm rail for me?
    ef man dont cut the front off.

yeah it shoudl flush since the lip and extra length in the front is to mesh with the rt lenght rails.

yeah i wouldnt cut that either...ive got a phoenix body and a rpg exile body and you can even tell once the barrel is on...

I wouldn't recommend cutting it down either, but if you do, make sure it's as sexy as mine:

MOTY3
    X 3 please for the love of all that is sacred... Don't cut it. There are other custom body choices that are am/mm length, like the DW Chord.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    X 3 please for the love of all that is sacred... Don't cut it. There are other custom body choices that are am/mm length, like the DW Chord.
    The problem is, i found a killer deal on a Karta body that i dont want to pass up. Ive been looking for AM/MM specific bodies, but with no luck. I like the look/feel of a shorter setup.

splat, that looks amazing, what rail is that?

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k View Post
    I wouldn't recommend cutting it down either, but if you do, make sure it's as sexy as mine:
    Wow! Ballsy move cutting a karta. I honestly did not think any one was going to come through with a photo of that. How well does it line up with that dallara rail?

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    yeah i wouldnt cut that either...ive got a phoenix body and a rpg exile body and you can even tell once the barrel is on...
    pictures?
    Splat- do you have any more pictures of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    There are other custom body choices that are am/mm length, like the DW Chord.
    Speaking of which, why do we only have a two choices in custom AM/MM bodies (Chord and Dallara)?

The problem is, i found a killer deal on a Karta body that i dont want to pass up. Ive been looking for AM/MM specific bodies, but with no luck. I like the look/feel of a shorter setup.

splat, that looks amazing, what rail is that?
    Dallara Rail

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Wow! Ballsy move cutting a karta. I honestly did not think any one was going to come through with a photo of that. How well does it line up with that dallara rail?
    Perfectly!

pictures?
    Splat- do you have any more pictures of yours?
    Yeah, I have some more, but the lighting is rather horrendous.

Here is a side profile...(really washes out the red )

Well Done! That is beautiful

Speaking of which, why do we only have a two choices in custom AM/MM bodies (Chord and Dallara)?
    looks like my design will have to be am/mm length then

I'll be the voice of descention. Do what you want with it, just do it right. If all you have is the body, the value is lower anyways without the rail. I'll bet if you took your time you could do some work on a stock rail to make it blend pretty well. I actually like the shortened body better than the longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Well Done! That is beautiful
    Thank you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    looks like my design will have to be am/mm length then
    Oh yesssss!!!! Dooooooo eeeiiitttt!

Thank you, sir!

Oh yesssss!!!! Dooooooo eeeiiitttt!
    workin on talking with my instructor about the prototype. who knows might have a prototype done this summer? wishfull thinking but would be great

hey KNM did ya get the triple mag finished yet???

Splat thats a Sa WeeT looking build man!!! and about more am/mm length bodies or rails being made i guess there isnt enough interest in them or something...even tho a lot of people ask about them all the time...haha?

hey Rifle if you do decide to go the Karta route and cut it back a little have whoever cut Splats Karta body? that is a nice little mod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    looking to get the valves finished soon.

Splat, that thing is gorgeous! I think the dallara is one of the only rails this works well with, with some rails this is gonna look nasty.

I set my karta on one of my Slim ULE rails, it looked horrendous, you don't want to see the underside of the body, its rather unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post

Splat thats a Sa WeeT looking build man!!! and about more am/mm length bodies or rails being made i guess there isnt enough interest in them or something...even tho a lot of people ask about them all the time...haha?

hey Rifle if you do decide to go the Karta route and cut it back a little have whoever cut Splats Karta body? that is a nice little mod!!!
    Thanks man! Also, I modified the body myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak View Post

Splat, that thing is gorgeous! I think the dallara is one of the only rails this works well with, with some rails this is gonna look nasty.

I set my karta on one of my Slim ULE rails, it looked horrendous, you don't want to see the underside of the body, its rather unattractive.
    Thanks CB! I completely agree; the dallara is the only rail that should be considered for this.

Holy shot that's awesome splat!

so the Triple Mag is shooting then??? functioning?

Splat: Damn dood you did a great job cutting it your self man!!! very nice!