Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

Magnus Guest

The Mystery frame from Tunaball3

The Magnus Project

Magnus - From Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus
    meaning "Great" in Latin, was sometimes used as a first name among Romans but was not particularly common among them, the most well-known Roman of that name being the third-century usurper.

I never had the desire to make my own parts. Too much time, too much trouble. However, being a long time AGD enthusiast - I became increasingly frustrated by the decreasing availability of aftermarket parts and manufacturers. Choices to begin with were always limited. Even secondhand items would sell for ridiculous prices. Apparently, I was not alone in my frustration.

After some thought and consideration, I realized that I have the resources at my disposal to change this situation for the better. After consulting with some close and prominent memebers of the AGD community, the "Magnus Project" was born. "Magnus" is the official brand name of EVERYTHING spawned by this endeavor. Our goal is to create the HIGHEST quality, most desirable, and smartest aftermarket products ever made for AGD markers.

This is a 'ground up' grass roots movement by people who do not want to be held hostage to circumstances beyond their control, politics, and drama.

The products spawned by this endeavor are made to our liking and for our own personal use. There will be limited amounts of each available to the public through Tunaman here on AO - However, the good news is if you want them, we will build more of them.

This is just the tip of the spear. We already have many other things up our sleeves and in the works. There will also be Tunamart-specific items that have been commissioned and coming in the near future.

We are also considering offering our design and production services to the public. Something you want to see made, or have an idea you would like to give life to? Talk to us. The only limitations are imagination and cash ;-) More on this at a later time.

Who exactly are we? Not that there is some big secret, but do not ask. The only thing you need to know is that these products will be for sale exclusivley through Tunaman.

Now, without further delay -

Introducing the
    Magnus M-90 "EMANCIPATOR"
    (cad renderings, prototype, and raw production images shown)
    Specs-
    -100% AGD compatible mechanical 90* grip frame based off of genuine AGD cads.
    -Uses any AGD spec Intelliframe compatible trigger.
    -Takes AGD safety assemblies and trigger pins.
    -Uses any Angel 90* compatible grip panels. Champagne colored IR3 grips included standard.
    -FULLY D.I.Y. ready. No need to hack up your expensive frame for your DIY projects. Drop your Cyberave68 parts right in, and secure them with the optional hardware kit.
    -Pre-Drilled and Tapped with an internal 1/8 npt port for your custom air needs.
    -Omron micro switch mount. Used to create an improved I-feed system for your warps, OR for your own custom applications.
    -AGD spec Intellifeed mount holes.
    -Accepts an Emag style magnetic trigger return. You can use to use up to three emag magnets above the trigger.
    -Sear release hole forward of the rear frame screw allows you to remove your valve effortlessly.
    -Available in both gloss and dust black.
    *DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY PNEUMATIC COMPONENETS

Sabre Trigger
    100% AGD spec mech trigger, made to better compliment the DIY capabilities of the M-90 frame.

Last edited by Magnus; 08-31-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Magnus Guest

E-Sabre

Coming soon

"E-Sabre" trigger for AGD E-mags

Sorry that the pic of the trigger is of an unfinished one. More to come later. Unseen to the naked eye are some subtle improvements over any current E-mag trigger. This is the first blade emag trigger made to AGD specs.

V2 Tunablade trigger for AGD E-mags
    Same features and improvements as the E-Sabre. Lighter and sexier than the V1

Last edited by Magnus; 08-31-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Magnus Guest
    "Talon"
    Mech version of the Tunablade. 100% AGD spec mech trigger, made to better compliment the DIY capabilities of the M-90 frame.

More pics

Last edited by Magnus; 08-31-2009 at 08:09 AM.

*CHANT* Price price Price Price */CHANT*

Three questions:

1) When
    2) How much
    3) If you utilize pneumatics inside this frame, can you also attach an intellifeed cable to a warp using the switch mount? Or will the pnuematic components block it?

One other thing I forgot - when you say 'optional mounting hardware' - will you sell this or are you referring to Cyberave's mounting bracket that he sells?
    Last edited by Shirow; 08-31-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    Superbolt

Thats so awesome I cant stand it

Looks good guys. Depending if the wife doesn't get crazy on house projects again (current one is costing us 3k) I'll def be up for a frame and a Tuna trigger 2.0....

wow i likes i likes!!!!

2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Great job...put me down for one of everything

... now I have some hard decisions to make.

WOW even better now we can see there have been prototypes made!
    Sign me up for a gloss black one with Sabre trigger
    and possibly an E-sabre for my Xmag

About time! And way more choices than I expected.

So, who is Magnus? Is it Tuna? If not, what does Tuna think about the Tunablade name being "borrowed?"

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    So, who is Magnus? Is it Tuna? If not, what does Tuna think about the Tunablade name being "borrowed?"
    From the way I understand it they are for Tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by teufelhunden
    Who exactly are we? Not that there is some big secret, but do not ask. The only thing you need to know is that these products will be for sale exclusivley through Tunaman.
    Secret Squirrels!!!

Put me down for a emancipator frame and 1 of every trigger.
    Last edited by Beemer; 08-31-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: no stupid pis in talk

Put me down for a gloss black emancipator and gloss sabre trigger

Can I get a polished E sabre? That's beautiful

when do we find out prices?

Great to see what looks like a well organised effort to create more products for the AGD community. Like everyone else, I'm dying to know when they'll be available and what the costs will be!

sweetness

I want one, i hope i have the money when they come out.

Talking

Do we know what color options we have for anno? Prices?

I am interested in the e-saber as well !! Can't wait until these start rolling out. Hopefully soon since I am going to be getting ready send some stuff off to anno with in the next month or so.

SWEET

Now I would like to know when they're available, how much they will be, do you accept kidneys as payment and do they have to be our own? An Emancipator with a Talon trigger would be killer with the Noxious body and rail...

C'mon, stop teasing, let's have the details!

So, Im gonna have to convince my fiancee to let me buy one of these because when I finally have the money none will be available... Pray for me that she gets the job tomorrow.

i am so excited
    how much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer
    An Emancipator with a Talon trigger would be killer with the Noxious body and rail...
    My thoughts exactly.

I already have the rail. Payment worked out with venomous designs for the body. Now I just need to secure this frame. Good thing I have tunaman on speed dial

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    Great to see what looks like a well organised effort to create more products for the AGD community.
    Do they have a Smilie for my wife beatin me on the head ( while i'm smiling ) & another for my wallet flying out the window
    You've been the talk of the town since Tunaball this year

But seriously , very nice work