Thread: RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego

RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego

Looking at used prices it appears I can get a marker, tank, and hopper for under $500, and it will be a quality setup. I'd love to get xvalve ule, but under 500 for all is going to be a stretch. I am amazed how much prices have dropped, with exception to AGD stuff.

So I am looking at a viking, cyborg or ego. Can you guys provide some thoughts? I've owned a few vikings, I know they are solid, love the trigger. I was wondering how they compare to a cyborg or ego. All three are in the price range and they are all super efficient, 2krnds/68ci. They all shoot plenty fast, I am interested in the thoughts of those you whom have owned any of them and how they compare.

I had an older Sonic Cyborg. My buddy in Nebraska still uses it. Shoots great, quiet, and efficient. I have had an 05, 06, and 08 Ego. 05/06 wasnt so impressive, but when I got my hands on my 08 Origin, that was nice. I was playing woods and speedball on a 45/45. So light and well balanced. I have never shot the Cyborg RX although I would trade my ULE Emag for the right one, and I have never shot a Viking although an old team mate had a really bada$$ one in like 03 or 04 timeframe. If you are looking for a combo in that price range, I would guess you are considering the older Cyborg, prior to the RX, and an 05.06.or 07 Ego.
    Max Lundqvist's 1 of 2 Angel Joy A1
    DEMONIC Freeflow Cocker No. 4 of 13 My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMag View Post
    I had an older Sonic Cyborg. My buddy in Nebraska still uses it. Shoots great, quiet, and efficient. I have had an 05, 06, and 08 Ego. 05/06 wasnt so impressive, but when I got my hands on my 08 Origin, that was nice. I was playing woods and speedball on a 45/45. So light and well balanced. I have never shot the Cyborg RX although I would trade my ULE Emag for the right one, and I have never shot a Viking although an old team mate had a really bada$$ one in like 03 or 04 timeframe. If you are looking for a combo in that price range, I would guess you are considering the older Cyborg, prior to the RX, and an 05.06.or 07 Ego.
    05-07 cyborg, 04 viking and 07-09 Ego, I am impressed by how inexpensive they have gotten over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by GT View Post
    05-07 cyborg, 04 viking and 07-09 Ego, I am impressed by how inexpensive they have gotten over the last few years.
    Oddly enough, I think the '04 Viking will fetch the most out of what you have listed.

Were I in your shoes, I'd consider an earlier model. There are more of them out there and they tend to be cheap enough that you can add a decent tank and loader to the equation... I've gotta figure the minimum is $75 for a modern loader used, and at least $100 for an HPA tank for with some life left in it. That leaves $325 to get your Viking and any misc. accessories like a tank cover, trigger, feedneck, barrel (preference items, not performance items).

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Oddly enough, I think the '04 Viking will fetch the most out of what you have listed.

Were I in your shoes, I'd consider an earlier model. There are more of them out there and they tend to be cheap enough that you can add a decent tank and loader to the equation... I've gotta figure the minimum is $75 for a modern loader used, and at least $100 for an HPA tank for with some life left in it. That leaves $325 to get your Viking and any misc. accessories like a tank cover, trigger, feedneck, barrel (preference items, not performance items).

My numbers are a little flexible. Viking is defiantly on the higher end of the scale. Honestly, I'd love to pick up a used ULE Emag, but the prices are a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by GT View Post
    My numbers are a little flexible. Viking is defiantly on the higher end of the scale. Honestly, I'd love to pick up a used ULE Emag, but the prices are a little high.
    You're not kidding!

I've seen crusty emags go for big bucks. The only markers I own that have retained value are Emags, my Twisters and my AKA guns.

I will say this, I still own Vikings, and I have owned an '08 Ego and '06 Cyborg. All excellent markers.

I've been shooting a Geo+ for a couple years now.
    This one is the second iteration of this marker with GR2 and GST.
    So quiet compared to an Ego.
    Very balanced, feels good to shoot.
    Its the first marker in a long time besides my Chord mag I havent even had one thought of selling.

They are actually fairly inexpensive too now that theres 3 more above it, Geo 2, 2.1, and 3.