Thread: Infection Chord Mag Build

Infection Chord Mag Build

I scored this off of ebay about a month back, and figured I should document the build a little. I'm the current owner of the Infection SFL, so I'm going to try to do my best to pay homage to it's older brother.

Here are the parts I've managed to compile for the build.
    - Infection Chord body/rail/barrel
    - DW CF foregrip
    - RPG Subzero feedneck
    - Red X-valve
    - Lukes mini vert frame - double trigger
    - Red CP on/off on order from my local shop
    - CCM fittings on order

Currently at Caustic Customs for match anodizing w/ gloss red accents.

MOTY3
    Wasn't this also a brand new set that had never been used before? Man that's like finding a Corvette on blocks in some old lady's garage.

i am excited to see how this turns out! i was chasing you in the ebay auction for it so i am pumped to get a peak at its development. if caustic gets the ano right this thing is going to look great!

fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    When caustic gets the ano right this thing is going to look great!

He's working on it. The samples are making progress.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53582613_n.jpg

Awesome! I was wondering if you were going to post this up. It was fun watching the bidding war on the chord If you haven't used Caustic Customs for anodizing, you are in for a treat. Stephans work is top notch, but his communication is the best!

Btw, is there a back story about the parts?

Thanks Bunny. I know this body went for a good premium. I'm sure the seller is happy, as am I.

As for back story, there isn't much. The seller told me this was anodized in the same batch as the Infection SFL Mag was back in 2003. This mag was never built and just sat in a box until he sold it on ebay last month. So I'm technically the second owner, but the first user of the marker.

I think he's just about got it. This is a picture he sent to me today. His ano sample is on the left, and the stock feedneck (original ano) I sent as a sample is on the right.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...99041641_n.jpg

Wow! That's some amazing looking stuff right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Awesome! I was wondering if you were going to post this up. It was fun watching the bidding war on the chord If you haven't used Caustic Customs for anodizing, you are in for a treat. Stephans work is top notch, but his communication is the best!

Btw, is there a back story about the parts?
    This was done with the infection SFL I believe which was originaly owned by xcrimsonghostx here on AO.

It looks like whitewolf forgot about it and found it in a box

More progress updates from Caustic Customs. Looks like he did an amazing job. I should have the parts in hand by Thursday.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6023014&type=1

i seen those parts yesterday and drooled over them, that thing is going to look awesome once its all together...caustic always does great work!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    i seen those parts yesterday and drooled over them, that thing is going to look awesome once its all together...caustic always does great work!

looks sweet!

The parts just came in today. I'm just waiting on the cp rail and on/off to come in to my local shop. In the mean time, I'll just toss on another asa to tune it and have it ready to go. Needless to say, he did a fantastic job. I think it's a pretty solid ano match. I hope you guys approve of the restoration.

Last edited by rschoi_75; 03-28-2013 at 09:31 PM.

nice man! great ano match

Whatever disease that mag has, id be fine catching it... if you get my drift! Sexy!

lets the the infection family together!

Looks fantastic

I saw this on Caustic's Facebook page. Amazing!

Brings a tear to my eyes Glad to see Stephen is still working hard!! Any chance we could get a picture of the SFL and Chord together?

As requested.

In hindsight, I may have gone a little overboard on the red for the Chord... I think the foregrip should have been done in infection to offset the red c.f., and the grip panels as well. I may have to do a 2nd run for those parts and maybe add an 8" barrel. I can always use the red parts in another build down the road.

Just for reference, this is the picture I based the chord parts on. It makes more sense when you compare this picture to the chord. Unfortunately I never received the red trigger and transparent red panels for the Infection SFL. *Previous owner's picture. Not mine.*

Last edited by rschoi_75; 03-30-2013 at 02:10 PM.

wow totaly missed the part that you had the infected sfl as well.
    at first i was like why is everyone copying the infectious sfl design, but the fact that you own the infectious sfl makes it right.

and freakin awsome way to go man.

Well, from my reading of this history, the Infection SFL was done quite some time ago. Then, not too long ago, sQuid wanted a build like that (but I'm guessing couldn't put his hands on the original) so he got his Micro Emag done by ATMF. Some parts were lost, but they got him back enough and replaced the rest. Then, very recently, the Chord body (and maybe rail?) came up for sale on eBay, having been done along with the original Infection SFL. rschoi, owning the I-SFL, bought the package and decided to complete the build on the little brother.

Those are the only 3 markers I know of with that ano pattern.

^^Correct, at least about my motives! I tried to steal this chord body out from under rschoi in that ebay auction but he overpowered me

I felt waaaay better about losing (and wouldnt have bid him up so high) once i found out he owned the SFL.

Quote Originally Posted by rschoi_75 View Post
    Unfortunately I never received the red trigger and transparent red panels for the Infection SFL.
    FYI you can still order the red panels from stinger here:
    http://www.stingerpaintballdesigns.c...gle_Colors.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Well, from my reading of this history, the Infection SFL was done quite some time ago. Then, not too long ago, sQuid wanted a build like that (but I'm guessing couldn't put his hands on the original) so he got his Micro Emag done by ATMF. Some parts were lost, but they got him back enough and replaced the rest. Then, very recently, the Chord body (and maybe rail?) came up for sale on eBay, having been done along with the original Infection SFL. rschoi, owning the I-SFL, bought the package and decided to complete the build on the little brother.

Those are the only 3 markers I know of with that ano pattern.
    You're 100% correct. The package came from White Wolf Airsmithing with the body, rail, barrel, and stock feedneck. He told me it had sat in a box since 2003. It still has never had paint through it yet.

Btw, thanks for all the kind words. Honestly I wouldn't have copied this ano scheme if the body kit hadn't popped up. The frame and grip were originally for another project (which is now on the back burner).

Thank you Squid! I'll try to order a pair tonight.