Thread: Where do I find black airline fittings?

Where do I find black airline fittings?

Hi there, first post but I've been an occasional lurker here over the years.

I have a new Mag on the way to me and I'm looking for airline fittings to plumb it up. I have plenty of the standard nickel plated elbows kicking around, but this mag is all dust black and I don't want to put anything shiny on it.

I've been searching and googleing and all I've come up with so far is some 1/8npt fittings from auto racing parts companies.

I know I've seen black elbows on several Mags on the forum... so where are you guys getting them?

-Levi

MOTY3
    Ebay has gloss Black ones , I have never seen any dust Black though.

Ninja and Macroline Guy used to both sell them. They are just powdercoated if I'm not mistaken and scratch/wear pretty easily. The CCM ones are nice because you can get them in dust or gloss black. Pricey though.

Quick google search brought up a few options. Google "black swivel macro".
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-21-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Yeah...ccm fittings always give a final touch to any marker...tons of colors also

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Ninja and Macroline Guy used to both sell them. They are just powdercoated if I'm not mistaken and scratch/wear pretty easily.
    I've had both Ninja and Macroline Guy fittings. The paint on the Macroline Guy fittings chips and smashes pretty easily. Ninja uses what I think is called black oxide. I think the Ninja fitting end up looking better after you put them on because tool marks don't show up as much on them.

I would also recommend looking into the CCM fittings. They are very nice.

Thanks guys!

Those CCM fittings sure are sexy... I'll probably end up going with those for this marker.

I have a couple of classics that I'm thinking of giving the black shrink tube over braided stainless treatment. Who makes black 1/8npt elbows for this kind of setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Who makes black 1/8npt elbows for this kind of setup?
    You can find those at a few different places. I got a couple from Ninja about a year go.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    You can find those at a few different places. I got a couple from Ninja about a year go.
    I guess I'll have to give them a call, I didn't see them in their catalog.

Thanks

The CCM fittings are the nicest and most durable. First, there's no reason to ever put a tool on the black part. Second, the black part is anodized aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Thanks guys!

Those CCM fittings sure are sexy... I'll probably end up going with those for this marker.

I have a couple of classics that I'm thinking of giving the black shrink tube over braided stainless treatment. Who makes black 1/8npt elbows for this kind of setup?
    Steer clear of the swivel aluminum fittings. They so not seem to like high pressure. Once had a marker that I set up with these. Aired it up and 3/4 leaked like crazy. Literally blew the rubber seals out.

Ninja no longer carries black macroline fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    I emailed Ninja this morning. The closest they have to a black elbow is grey. Hmm... I could get them annoed but that seems like a lot of trouble to go to for an elbow.