Thread: Aluminum Classic Valve

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    In my opinion, this thread needs to die and a poll needs to be taken. I really only see one main person, and couple others with their toes in the water on "wanting" this done... that's 3/50, that doesn't pay the bills...
    XMT said for what we were looking to get done, only 12 or so would need to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by XMT
    I dont have an exact price in my head. i would think the front half of the valve could be made and sold at $100 even if atleast 12 people would take one. TK said i could make up to 50 of them.

Jay
    Regarding price. My thought is, if we are subtantially simplifying this by eliminating having to thread the back end and reducing air passages, that pricing should be better. I suck at MS paint or I would diagram this out. But I think where we are at is basically the bolt area being identical to a Classic other than possibly having the PT threading being different. The On/off would be the same, but the input would be drilled farther in so that a central air passageway from the back to the on/off would be drilled.

A further thought came to me though, there could be an optional input cut all the way through, or for that matter reversed. You could essentially have a "t" in the middle that would allow for a range of setups.
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.