Thread: So who we using for annodizing these days?

So who we using for annodizing these days?

I've got a project underway and I'm curious on who our annoist of choice these days- As far as I know BazookaBoy's closed up shop and he was really one of my shortlist guys. Who else is around with great quality, complicated patterns, and reasonable rates?

arnolds metal finishing,(yet to use him yet but will soon.)
    caustic customs.
    my three caustic onces.

My choices are Tonsixer, Caustic Customs, or FX Anodizing. rschoi_75 wrote a great post about his anodizing adventure over on customcockers.com. He pretty much summed it up

Stephen (Caustic Customs) does awesome work and has absolutely great communication. I have yet to scratch together the funds to have him anno one of my mags, but he anno'd an aluminum under drive pulley for me.

Heres a pick of the crank pulley on my motor

Knownothing, how much did that first one run you? (black/yellow acid wash looking) I got a bid on a similar look for like $275 for 12 pieces.

E-Mag, RT Pro, Dye Reflex Autococker AO Feedback

Just to throw the hat in the ring, I got a quote from ano-tech for a 2 color splash/fade for 15 pieces @ $170.

They seem to have a good Rep and they got back to me pretty quickly on the quote... but I did let them know 90% of my mag is already polished and buffed, so that may have affected the price too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius V View Post
    Knownothing, how much did that first one run you? (black/yellow acid wash looking) I got a bid on a similar look for like $275 for 12 pieces.
    that sounds right.
    mine was the same amount peice wise

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Just to throw the hat in the ring, I got a quote from ano-tech for a 2 color splash/fade for 15 pieces @ $170.

They seem to have a good Rep and they got back to me pretty quickly on the quote... but I did let them know 90% of my mag is already polished and buffed, so that may have affected the price too?
    I recently had a not so great experience with ano-tech as did a couple other folks around here... Maybe they got their business sorted out, but consider this fair warning.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    I recently had a not so great experience with ano-tech as did a couple other folks around here... Maybe they got their business sorted out, but consider this fair warning.
    Main issue with them seems to be losing small bits and pieces. They did some black parts for me and I was happy with the results, but they lost an EMag selector switch. REALLY small peice, so I kind of let it go, but I know you had some similiar issues. I also did hear they lost their main anodizer at one point, so tread carefully.

Being in Canada, my obvious anodizing choice has always been Tonsixers. Turnaround has aways been good, prices are fair and they do amazing work.

I have used countless anodizers over the years (PrecisionPB, Gruntbull, PKSelectiveX4, Lasermygun.com, theAnnoSmith, Caustic Customs, Tonsixer, FX anodizing.). All I can say is, you really do get what you pay for. I would be weary to get an anodizing job for anything under $200. To me, that means the company is probably not polishing the parts 100%. My favorite anodizer is Caustic Customs by far. Stephan did a heck of a job polishing up my Xmag that had tons of scratches in it. You can't even tell that the gun was abused at all.