Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***R&D Thread: Aluminum 1 Piece Cap'd Valve Body

hey how about a prototype to see the pros and cons of what this mod is capable of first? this kind of idea might be something more people would be interested in if a prototype was made first and tested? yeah i know probably not many machinists want to make something first, but dont you think something that has this many variables should be tested first?

oh wait am i allowed to post here or do i need to post in another thread...haha...just kidding? sort of?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    hey how about a prototype to see the pros and cons of what this mod is capable of first? this kind of idea might be something more people would be interested in if a prototype was made first and tested? yeah i know probably not many machinists want to make something first, but dont you think something that has this many variables should be tested first?

oh wait am i allowed to post here or do i need to post in another thread...haha...just kidding? sort of?
    Shouldn't you be playing cards? You never dropped me a $

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Shouldn't you be playing cards? You never dropped me a $
    haha..these threads are more entertaining than playing cards...i wanna see a boxing match, bare knuckle would be Sa WeeT!!!

never dropped you a dollar sign? say what?

I agree. I would do it myself, but don't have any of the necessary machinery. I'm moving back to my hometown next weekend. Once I get there and get settled and whatnot I might be able to. A good friend owns a machine shop that I might be able to get some time in. Couple other options the more I think about it. If nobody else has stepped up before I get a chance im up for it.

Really?

I would agree on the ports being optional. I think XMT was wanting at least 2 ports so that a burst disc could be installed, but someone else mentioned a burst disk wasnt necessary, so not sure where he's at on this. Having the option might help if someone wanted a left side for some reason.

I started to do some simple drawings in MS Paint and it's interesting how you perceived dimensions vs actual measurements. Actually started taking some measurements and realized how close some things are. For example, the FS hole is about 1/2 the diameter of the on/off hole. Didnt expect that.

sent pm need

Aso, has anyone thought of the sudden influx of demand for shp regulators for this???? New regs cut off at 400-500psi, because the demand for a high pressure reg is no longer in the market due to LP markers... If this gets ULT it will need 650, theres a problem. Because Im sure there isnt all of a sudden going to be a flood of used AKA or older Palmers regs to the market when/if this is released.

Just more pieces of the puzzle

I am willing to work with XMT on this project if I can sell off my extra 2 McFly Mod'd grips. I will be listing them today hopefully as untested. I had to get my Mag setup and clean out my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    I am willing to work with XMT on this project if I can sell off my extra 2 McFly Mod'd grips. I will be listing them today hopefully as untested. I had to get my Mag setup and clean out my pants.
    oh man your gonna sell those? hey did you ever figure out a way to hook up a Q-loader to one of those Mags?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I started to do some simple drawings in MS Paint and it's interesting how you perceived dimensions vs actual measurements. Actually started taking some measurements and realized how close some things are. For example, the FS hole is about 1/2 the diameter of the on/off hole. Didnt expect that.
    Huh? Not sure what you're getting at. The field strip hole is a 10-32,drilled at 5/32. The on/off hole, are you talking about the drilled passage above the on/off? Or the hole the actual on/off sits in? The passage above should also be 5/32. The part the actual on/off sits in should be 3/8. Not sure what that has to do with it though. Maybe im just not reading your post right.

sent pm need

Aso, has anyone thought of the sudden influx of demand for shp regulators for this???? New regs cut off at 400-500psi, because the demand for a high pressure reg is no longer in the market due to LP markers... If this gets ULT it will need 650, theres a problem. Because Im sure there isnt all of a sudden going to be a flood of used AKA or older Palmers regs to the market when/if this is released.

Just more pieces of the puzzle
    Not getting what you're saying? Both Myth and Ninja still make 850 HP bottle regs and there are thousands of them out there used. As for inline Regs, it might be tough to find a cheap used one, they are still made new. There are other options out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    Selling 2 of the 3. Keeping one and pictures will be up soon. No Q loader yet...I think I want to give one a test run first.
    right on...at least you are keeping one! yeah man check out the Q-loader they are nice loaders, you are a Krazy Tinkererererer so you wont have any problem setting up for your marker?

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Huh? Not sure what you're getting at. The field strip hole is a 10-32,drilled at 5/32. The on/off hole, are you talking about the drilled passage above the on/off? Or the hole the actual on/off sits in? The passage above should also be 5/32. The part the actual on/off sits in should be 3/8. Not sure what that has to do with it though. Maybe im just not reading your post right.
    Was just making an observation about dimensions. the hole the on/off sits in is about 9.63mm the hole tapped that the FS screw screws into is about 4.6mm. In my mind, the FS hole is much smaller. Didnt really have to do with much actually.

As for the dump chamber, I wouldnt think a loss of a little bit wouldnt be that big of a deal. If its only a few mm to give enough meat to hold a plug.

Not getting what you're saying? Both Myth and Ninja still make 850 HP bottle regs and there are thousands of them out there used. As for inline Regs, it might be tough to find a cheap used one, they are still made new. There are other options out there too.
    I thought the reference to AKA and Palmers would have been enough. Not talking about bottle regs, the newer regs only go to 400-500psi, highest ive found so far is bob long at 600. Even AKA regs dont go past 550 anymore. I said shp because its reffered to as super high pressure, right? not just associated with ninja

Was just making an observation about dimensions. the hole the on/off sits in is about 9.63mm the hole tapped that the FS screw screws into is about 4.6mm. In my mind, the FS hole is much smaller. Didnt really have to do with much actually.

As for the dump chamber, I wouldnt think a loss of a little bit wouldnt be that big of a deal. If its only a few mm to give enough meat to hold a plug.
    with mags any shift in tolerances could mean possible problems? even a few mm?

This is why I said earlier I wouldn't be on any type of pre order till there was at least 1-2 of these done and tested. Both with ult and classic on off installed.

Also, just for a reference, how much were the caps when they were made?

I thought the reference to AKA and Palmers would have been enough. Not talking about bottle regs, the newer regs only go to 400-500psi, highest ive found so far is bob long at 600. Even AKA regs dont go past 550 anymore. I said shp because its reffered to as super high pressure, right? not just associated with ninja
    The use of the term SHP regs threw me off. Only heard it used in reference to the NINJA bottle regs.

Palmers still makes inline Stab/regs and they go up to 1k-1.2K: http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/male-...zer-p-172.html

Sidewinder goes up to 800psi: http://akalmp.com/07pdf/SIDEWINDER.pdf

I thought the output on the 2liter+ was higher, but only looks to be 550psi. Pretty sure there are others. I have a Bob Long on my pump and its not maxed out, and works fine.

This is why I said earlier I wouldn't be on any type of pre order till there was at least 1-2 of these done and tested. Both with ult and classic on off installed.

Also, just for a reference, how much were the caps when they were made?
    yup i agree with ya big Dawg...i wonder if that would ever happen tho?

Palmer makes one that goes to 1200psi.
    Last edited by Carnage reigns; 03-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.

i challenge everyone to delete the unecessary posts (or portions) that are in this thread to clean it up. This includes me...

It is just hard enough to stay on task. I am not calling out any one person. I already started my clean up. Thank you all for your contributions.
    Last edited by TimmyJay; 03-23-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    Palmer makes one that goes to 1200psi. And I know u said in the other thread u weren't trying to be a dick but u sure do come off as one.
    I thought I had actually been trying to help and contribute on ideas for a few issues, guess I'm just a dick for that. Such a cock bag....

I wouldn't think so in this area. All you are doing is making the wall thicker and making the dump chamber smaller. No different than putting a single devolumizer shim in. At least thats what I think. We do really need someone who has or is able to CAD this out to see what will and won't work.

I would think we will definitely need to get one or two prototypes/first runs so that people can test them. I know TimmyJay has the capabilities to test and I have two platforms that the can go into. I can also rig up a platform using totally stock parts to insure the only variable is the valve body.
    Last edited by OPBN; 03-23-2013 at 04:16 PM.

if the dump chamber gets smaller won't it take a higher pressure to achieve the same ball speed?

It may take another setup but there is room on the sides of the on/off that could be drilled out. Lighten and offer more volume in the dump.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    if the dump chamber gets smaller won't it take a higher pressure to achieve the same ball speed?
    Yes, but I think it would be miniscule in comparison to the pressure to operate the valve, without testing it would be a shot in the dark on how much more. You'd also really have to test a real classic and this side by side to know for sure, as every setup wont run the same input psi.

Yes, but I think it would be miniscule in comparison to the pressure to operate the valve, without testing it would be a shot in the dark on how much more. You'd also really have to test a real classic and this side by side to know for sure, as every setup wont run the same input psi.
    Oh I agree with that totally. And it may not affect much at all. Idk. Just throwing out the potential issue with it.

Well.... seems like reasearch on what some specific wants/needs are somewhat done and 99% of the how to are done. Pending making one I dunno how much more can be added or done to improve it?

One piece
    On off milled up from field strip hole and set screw, in from front (threaded then locktighted? -cheaper? or plug)
    Power tube from a classic
    Slightly devolumize front to allow plug
    Drilled to order input ports

Since this died...

OPBN, can you still get a valve cap from whomever made them?

I don't think it is dead yet, but is heading that direction. I talked with XMT and he is obviously busy right now. He didn't count it out for the future though. I think he needs to get through the RT body order and go from there. I am completely interested in a custom valve body even if I have to do one on my own through XMT.

UP! to spark renewed interest.