Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: just an idea..

Whats the minimum then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    I just sent an email and they verified that the minimum order is for one design. it is more than 50 too.

do you want to talk to some of my rc guys here?

They have a 200 piece minimum order. Basically I see a lot of left over, but in my mind the project just would have to break even. I honestly don't think there is any money to be made I just want a cool mat for my desk. It is worth it to me to at least pursue a a design and then see if there really is enough interest once it is finalized.

Knownothingmags - ya if they can pass along a POC for a company that will do a custom mat and they have a smaller minimum order then we may get a better product for the same or less. I thought those internal trays were pretty slick and the magnet aspect was even better.

Like I said I don't mind doing the leg work for this, don't expect something tomorrow though, it takes time to do the proper research and pull the right set of resources together to complete this. I am not a graphics guy, but I do know several and I have some call out to build me the layout. I want a high quality product just much as everyone else.

So any updates? I still want one of these things.

ill try to get some info posted up this week. if any companies want to help with this.

Okay sounds good.

cough any updates? Are we just gonna give up on this thing?

hey sorry got real busy. ill do it tommorow.
    ill see if this is doable on my end.
    if not my guys should be able to get me in touch with someone worth talking to.

Add me to the interested count.

I'd buy one.

talked to the guys today we are looking at 50-75 $ a mat.

ill try and get ahold of the company tommorow.
    so i can get some reall figures, 50-75$ per is a high number but not out of the question.

ill follow up tommorow.

thankyou,
    KNM

I would fully expect it to be more expensive anyway as it's custom made, so the higher price is not an issue. Just need to decide upon a final layout and size.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    talked to the guys today we are looking at 50-75 $ a mat.

ill try and get ahold of the company tommorow.
    so i can get some reall figures, 50-75$ per is a high number but not out of the question.

ill follow up tommorow.

thankyou,
    KNM
    Fine by me. I'm still down.

i talked to the one company that would entertain the idea today, they said minimum order is 1000,
    so im taped out on recources to get this done,
    is there anyone else with better people skills or different mold company go to?

Anything new, I would really enjoy a diagram mat
    Last edited by barkingspider; 07-14-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Need to find a place that will make them without requiring 200+ minimum order.

So I contacted a USA company called Telor Tactical about making custom printed magnetic mats. Hey replied and stated that he could print custom magnetic mats in a small quantity of 75 units. I have sent him a follow up email asking how to send graphics, along with pricing details.

I must admit that I don't have the final graphic depiction that the forum decided on, although I really hope it's tailored to exploded views of the x valve and classic valve. I loved bunny's rendition! I am not sure if we can do one of the x valve with level x bolt and then one with classic valve with level 7 bolt, with the idea of splitting the units? I also will be tied up here shortly with life issues taking most of my time. Is there possibly someone that I could had this lead of to who has time and the decided graphic depiction?

http://www.telortactical.com/product...gnetic-gun-mat
    Last edited by barkingspider; 07-14-2013 at 09:34 PM.

I'm still in.

I'd also be in for one, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    So I contacted a USA company called Telor Tactical about making custom printed magnetic mats. Hey replied and stated that he could print custom magnetic mats in a small quantity of 75 units. I have sent him a follow up email asking how to send graphics, along with pricing details.

I must admit that I don't have the final graphic depiction that the forum decided on, although I really hope it's tailored to exploded views of the x valve and classic valve. I loved bunny's rendition! I am not sure if we can do one of the x valve with level x bolt and then one with classic valve with level 7 bolt, with the idea of splitting the units? I also will be tied up here shortly with life issues taking most of my time. Is there possibly someone that I could had this lead of to who has time and the decided graphic depiction?

http://www.telortactical.com/product...gnetic-gun-mat
    The problem I see with these mats is... They are made of neoprene, we had already decided against that for longevity purposes. I, personally, would rather have one made of rubber.

I am sending out a few emails to hopeful sources for getting these made. But we need to have a for sure size nailed down.

Did we decide 12x18" range is good enough or do we want something bigger? 18x24" for instance.

18x24" is preferable to me simply because you can move parts out of the way and still have plenty of work area on the mat. But I know others were saying that's too big.

I'd rather have an 12"x18", myself. Plenty of room to tear down one paintball gun and still small enough to store easily.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    The problem I see with these mats is... They are made of neoprene, we had already decided against that for longevity purposes. I, personally, would rather have one made of rubber.
    I guess I missed that people didn't want neoprene. I thought the attractive quality that they offered was the magnets as part of there mats. Well the company responded to send in the graphic and they would get me a price quote.

Can someone send me the decided valve graphic and I will send it in for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    I'd rather have an 12"x18", myself. Plenty of room to tear down one paintball gun and still small enough to store easily.
    We decided on 16x30 before we started this up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Yeah, it's got to be big enough to put a couple markers on and have space leftover to hold parts when you're breaking them down. 12x18 is about the size of my laptop. Much too small to use as a work area.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Ah, I must have missed this, sorry. 16"x30" sounds great to me!

Ok. Found a source that makes custom molded rubber counter/bar mats with no minimum order requirements. There is a setup fee to make them and we need a final design/layout in order to get that setup fee figured. They offer these mats in 17x22" (put four sheets of standard loose leaf paper together to see the size) and maybe larger (but setup will go up).. I'll have to confirm if they can go larger if we want 16x30. Depending on final setup costs, this could easily be distributed over and add only minimal cost per unit if we do a run of say... 50.

Not sure how many people actually want one of these though. Obviously the more units made, the lower the setup will cost overall.

What's a ballpark price point? People always got to know what they're getting into before they will say "I'm interested".

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Ok. Found a source that makes custom molded rubber counter/bar mats

Do you happen to know how robust those mats are/will be?

The mats are in the range of $20-$25 a piece not including the distributed setup fee, which is how it'll be cheaper the more we order. Very rough estimate on setup is $400 (with no image it is -very- hard to get setup costs) which breaks down to $8 over a 50 piece run of mats. So in total, maybe $30-$40 a mat depending on setup costs.

The mats are solid molded rubber. Visit a local bar/restaurant with bar and see if they have rubber mats on their bar to see what you think, it's the same thing I'm talking about. We could get them without all the nibs for holding spilled drink to preserve the parts diagram. The guy I spoke with also suggested going with a thinner rubber (1/4") instead of standard thickness to help cut down costs. We could probably have some depressions put along top/bottom to hold small parts like screws an stuff too.