Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: just an idea..

just an idea..

Not really sure if this would be the appropriate place for it but here goes.

Does one exist or has anyone ever thought about offering AO/AGD gun mats?

that would be sweet!

with a big 'ol Mustache....haha...oh hells yeah!!!

ill buy one or two

Thats a pretty sweet idea, a nice 18x18 would fit perfect on my little work area.

How big are they usually made by the way?

The ones I have handy are roughly 12.5"x16", 12"x19.5" and 16"x24".

I would buy an AGD one.

I'd buy a couple myself... now we just need someone to figure out how to produce some.

I actually contacted http://www.tekmat.com/ in early Feb about this. They do do custom mat and my guess was that there would be probably enough interest to sell about 40. It would run $30 bucks to brake even, wasn't looking to make a profit I just want a mat too.

I liked the idea of having an exploded x-valve diagram, an o-ring call out that was to scale, some AO "circle hex" / AGD branding. Maybe some level 10 diagrams.

I started playing around with a template but I need some one that knows more about the graphic file type required by the company. I was basically grabbing tech images from the AGD page and inserting them in power point as a proof of concept.

The info i received back from tekmat was
    They have two standard sizes 12" x 36" (long gun), 11" x 17" (hand gun)
    Design file type should be "Vector Al" or "EPS" this means nothing to me at this point and I did not research it further.

Obviously we would need permission from AGD before doing anything final but if anyone has some graphic skills and wanted to work with me I wouldn't mind pursuing this further.

Interesting idea

I would be interested in one.

I would take one. The exploded view of valves and O-ring diagram/chart are great ideas. Would be cool to tie into the graphics that we have here on AO now...

I'd rock one of these. At home and work

Need someone familiar with illustrator to set up the images.

forget it. with most of the talk going on around here lately, people would want it made out of aluminium so they can have it anno'd to match their guns but still retain the classic look.

i don't need the diagram, but a compartment or 2 to keep things from rolling around or off the mat would be useful, if you can even do this from this company.

lol. sounds like someone has been burned by the hot topics around here...

With the size of the mats it would be quite possible to have all of those choices... it would be interesting to have a couple of different choices of what is on the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    I liked the idea of having an exploded x-valve diagram, an o-ring call out that was to scale, some AO "circle hex" / AGD branding. Maybe some level 10 diagrams.

I started playing around with a template but I need some one that knows more about the graphic file type required by the company. I was basically grabbing tech images from the AGD page and inserting them in power point as a proof of concept.

The info i received back from tekmat was
    They have two standard sizes 12" x 36" (long gun), 11" x 17" (hand gun)
    Design file type should be "Vector Al" or "EPS" this means nothing to me at this point and I did not research it further.

Obviously we would need permission from AGD before doing anything final but if anyone has some graphic skills and wanted to work with me I wouldn't mind pursuing this further.
    This. If you get this done so the design along it is a bit larger than to scale view for an x valve with level 10 then put me down for a definite yes. I would pay in full ASAP for this. All I want is a hi-def large and easy to see mat of the Xvalve lay out. Would make replacing orings and parts be so much easier. I seriously cannot explain how much I want one of these. Could somebody please get a pre-order of some sort going for this soon? Would pay more if I could get it large enough to also show a classic valve with Level 7

I'd get one for sure. ESPECIALLY with an X-Valve / Level 10 diagram!

I like the Mat idea , I love AGD but for the money i'd just as soon get one of these ;
    http://www.tekmat.com/index.php/bear-arms.html

Okay fellas, just through out an email to TK consenting him about copyright permission for having the mats made. Dont want to get in trouble for copyright infringement by the man we all worship

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    This. If you get this done so the design along it is a bit larger than to scale view for an x valve with level 10 then put me down for a definite yes. I would pay in full ASAP for this. All I want is a hi-def large and easy to see mat of the Xvalve lay out. Would make replacing orings and parts be so much easier. I seriously cannot explain how much I want one of these. Could somebody please get a pre-order of some sort going for this soon? Would pay more if I could get it large enough to also show a classic valve with Level 7
    Xvalve and Classic would be awesome

Okay guys here is the deal. I just got a response on the email from TK a few minutes ago. This was his response.

"Sure you have my permission. Please send me one, I will pay for it.

Tom"

Lets get this thing going guys!!! I simply made sure we were clear for copyright permission. It would be best if somebody else could responsibly handle this. PM's are being sent out to those who seemed like they would orchestrate this thing. I really want to get this thing going, lets keep our fingers crossed and hope to get a pre-order list of some sort going some time soon!

you know if there is room, what about on each corner of the mat you put the AGD lions, xmag, minimag and sidearm.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    you know if there is room, what about on each corner of the mat you put the AGD lions, xmag, minimag and sidearm.
    I just suggested that the priority mat we should get done would have the X-valve exploded view come first with a larger than to scale view to properly identify each O-ring. If we have room then on the top we have the double lions logo with quality always shoots straight. and then around the sides we should have an AO color scheme which I was thinking would be yellow and black stripes. I want to get a new thread/discussion going on what the majority of people would agree on for the design. Design in general will have to be built around the X-valve exploded view though.

I was also thinking if we have a good run on the first one, then we could possibly try for a similar one with the classic valve with level 7 instead.

Lets get this going people!

I was disinterested until you guys started kicking around the idea of technical diagrams on the mat. I think that's a great idea.

If you need to save space, I'd say ditch the logo stuff and just go with the technicals. Classic+X-valve+L10 bolt parts.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    I was disinterested until you guys started kicking around the idea of technical diagrams on the mat. I think that's a great idea.

If you need to save space, I'd say ditch the logo stuff and just go with the technicals. Classic+X-valve+L10 bolt parts.
    If we can somehow get both done on the same mat that would be awesome. I want them both to be a good deal larger than to scale so each and every O-ring can be easily recognized. If we can somehow get that done then that will obviously over-rule the idea of simply having logos and such on it. But if we cant fit both on their comfortably without closely jumbling all of them together then we will use the logos, colors, etc.. to fill up the space. But yes Goat Boy, if we can do that it will be our first pick (I hope as I cannot officially speak as "we" yet). Main priority is getting an exploded X-valve on their right now, Next priority will be attempting to comfortably fit the Classic valve on their as well. The third and final priority will be getting it to look good and try and slap a logo on their.

Wait a second... Idea just popped up in my head. We ditch the side logos/decorations in general no matter what and try and throw in another technical of a ULT in their. I am just LOVING this right now. my dream mat would be if we could somehow (most likely not gonna happen) get both X-valve and Classic valves with both the Level 10 and Level 7 in their AND throw an exploded view of the ULT in the side, AND somehow throw the AGD "Quality Always Shoots Straight" logo on the top. Technical's will come before the decorations though.

We need someone that knows illustrator to start putting together the basic layout. I could possibly find someone to help with that if nobody on the forum knows the program. Illustrator is the program that is capable of saving to the formats.

As for what to put on it. A mat that is 12x36 would most likely be able to fit everything people have suggested. Put the exploded diagrams on the two far ends. Oring chart in middle, or slighlty off center. You could have a large AO/AGD logo in the middle and probably still have something else slightly offcenter to balance the oring chart. The AGD quote can go across the top as well, "Quality Always Shoots Straight"

12x36 is kind of an awkward size.... I was thinking this mat would resemble something like a "bar" mat, like 18x18 or 18x24?

I think you could easily explode the valves like this.
    Top left, x valve. Bottom right, classic. Top right 6x6 or so logo. Bottom left ult and o ring diagram (since they'd be considerably smaller diagrams)

Just another thought.

I know personally my work space wouldn't support a 3' wide mat. I dunno if anyone else would have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    We need someone that knows illustrator to start putting together the basic layout. I could possibly find someone to help with that if nobody on the forum knows the program. Illustrator is the program that is capable of saving to the formats.

As for what to put on it. A mat that is 12x36 would most likely be able to fit everything people have suggested. Put the exploded diagrams on the two far ends. Oring chart in middle, or slighlty off center. You could have a large AO/AGD logo in the middle and probably still have something else slightly offcenter to balance the oring chart. The AGD quote can go across the top as well, "Quality Always Shoots Straight"
    I was hoping for a high Def version of this https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...xploded-(Here). Minus the Level 7, Title (excess surroundings), and I would feel like 24-29 would not be needed or included. and then if we could get somebody (cough cough bunny? cough cough) to make a similar exploded view of the classic valve with the Level 7 and maybe finish up a nice job of a ULT exploded for the side. Both valves would be in a center panel. I have no experience whatsoever with graphic and technological designs on a computer. Would be great if we could get somebody who does with a decent amount of free time to help us out here. Remember that it would have to be a slightly larger than to scale depiction of everything.

Doh, forgot about the ULT. Probably a good idea there as well.

As far as software, Illustrator isn't the only game in town. Inkscape is free and pretty good as well.

Did I mention it was free?