Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: just an idea..

Are you looking for a hi-res color AGD logo?

OK so here is another option of a layout for this 12x36 size

Left side running down, x valve ring chart
    Right side running down, classic ring chart
    Top running the full length, x valve exploded
    Bottom running 75% length, classic exploded ( has less parts, shouldn't need full space)
    Bottom left corner by ring chart, ult exploded
    Center, "Quality always shoots straight" banner

I think.you could get away with this easy, just have the stuff lined up. I don't think having stuff in a line would be a problem as far as the on off coming out of the hole etc, as most people who will buy these know the on off only fits in one place... just another thought, I think it will flow well too and maximize the 36" wide space

Quote Originally Posted by TOTShadowCompany View Post
    Are you looking for a hi-res color AGD logo?
    yes

How do people feel about 16" x 30" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Eh. Good enough. I just wanna get what we can, as long as we end up with a nice layout then I will be happy with it.

Freedy500: I was laying low for a while with this one... My main concern is if we can use psd files or not. It would be a lot easier to use jpg/png files instead of hand converting each part to an eps file like http://www.tekmat.com Taking the hi-res pictures of each part and chopping them up together in photoshop shouldn't be too hard. Converting them to illustrator (eps file) means I will have to hand trace each part and make it look good which will take a lot of time.

I would love to see how many people are truely interested in this project and also how much they would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Hells yeah!

I was against the 36" because I have just a small laptop computer desk I tinker at, and its 30" wide

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Freedy500: I was laying low for a while with this one... My main concern is if we can use psd files or not. It would be a lot easier to use jpg/png files instead of hand converting each part to an eps file like http://www.tekmat.com Taking the hi-res pictures of each part and chopping them up together in photoshop shouldn't be too hard. Converting them to illustrator (eps file) means I will have to hand trace each part and make it look good which will take a lot of time.

I would love to see how many people are truely interested in this project and also how much they would cost.
    Sending you a PM

Oh man that is a beautiful logo!

16x30 would not be a bother to me either, perhaps a good compromise between the 12x36 and 18x36. The 12" high does seem a bit short to me.

I don't know how familier you are with how a lot of companies make these kinds of things and why they tend to require illustrator files. So please don't take offense to what I'm saying, I am merely repeating what a artist friend of mine said.. Anyway, from what she said, they want to use illustrator files because they print or lay down color for these kinds of products one color at a time. And that is how illustrator is set up. You can selectively choose which color to print on the product, so if you want something left off.. You just don't print it. You could possible achieve the same effect in psd by usin layers though. But it would still take time to seperate all the colors into different layers and the shops "print" machines would have to be able to accept those file types.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    I don't know how familier you are with how a lot of companies make these kinds of things and why they tend to require illustrator files. So please don't take offense to what I'm saying, I am merely repeating what a artist friend of mine said.. Anyway, from what she said, they want to use illustrator files because they print or lay down color for these kinds of products one color at a time. And that is how illustrator is set up. You can selectively choose which color to print on the product, so if you want something left off.. You just don't print it. You could possible achieve the same effect in psd by usin layers though. But it would still take time to seperate all the colors into different layers and the shops "print" machines would have to be able to accept those file types.

It's not just that. Illustrator files are vector images and they'd scale from itty bitty to enormous without a loss of fidelity or aliasing around the curves. That's why print places use EPS files in printing. (Worked for a publisher. )

See? I am far from an expert on these things, I can only parrot what my more knowledgeable friends tell me when it comes to anything artistic.

5min idea.... There are so many ways to display the diagram. Plz use your imagination

not sure what all the wording says on the left side, but in general i would buy that!

how about people get a design submitted by Friday, and then we can put those pics, like what Bunny shown, in a poll and see what we comes out of it. we can then try to get a size and maybe, just maybe by tax day, get an order started by May 1st.

After seeing what bunny posted I'm down for the x only... that looks great!

Simple. Effective. Informative.

Bunny your are talented and fast! Well done
    I know that was probably a quick and dirty what are the chances of getting something like that into a full up layout that be sent to a printer?

something i was playing around with

photo AOTekMat_zpsc66c2ef5.jpg

5min idea.... There are so many ways to display the diagram. Plz use your imagination
    want one

whatever gets made i want two, but has to be made from quality tech mat material no plastic/foam

something like this
    http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...FSSCQgodalIAfQ

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I click the link, and see something dark in the bottom recess. Then I spot this: "Large magnet in the recessed section at the front keeps screws, nuts and other metal items from rolling off the work surface"

Finishing touches like that make me willing to pay more, just sayin'.

yeah, the recesses are great and then inlayed magnets in the right spots makes for an amazing mat.

agreed, recesses would be nice

Nice mat but who makes it?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    yeah, the recesses are great and then inlayed magnets in the right spots makes for an amazing mat.
    Great idea, especially for safety parts!

I'd definitely be in for at least one if this actually gets made.

+1 for the recess and magnet idea. I actually have an R/C mat in my garage... I didn't even think to use it for paintball. A 1/8th scale mat would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by PBLife View Post
    Nice mat but who makes it?
    What this guy said!

If there were two drawings submitted, one for xvalve another for classic valve. And we needed a min order of 50, 25 wanted xvalve 25 wanted classic. Would they consider that one order and min qty ok or two orders and min not ok?

Bunny this is amazing! (IMO at least). I can see this being perfect! Now I am wondering if there is anyway if we could throw the classic in their and possibly move down the LVL 7. I can see this as being something great to work off of.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    If there were two drawings submitted, one for xvalve another for classic valve. And we needed a min order of 50, 25 wanted xvalve 25 wanted classic. Would they consider that one order and min qty ok or two orders and min not ok?
    I just sent an email and they verified that the minimum order is for one design. it is more than 50 too.