Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Freedom8 Shoebox Compressor

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,755

    Freedom8 Shoebox Compressor

    So when was the Freedom8 released?
    Anyone here use one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,107
    they have been out since OCT 12' i think
    i think iirc they are made to order?
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,953
    Yes we have had them out for a while now and we are selling more than we expected. Paintballers generally don't buy our compressors though.

    TK

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,825
    With all of my nearest shops closed now, I would be screwed without my Shoebox.

    "I'm not happy unless you're not happy"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,294
    I'm probably going to have to get one for when I move. Have NO idea where the nearest store is and going out to the field is not an option every time I need air.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,755
    I plan on picking up one of the Freedom8 units, I could really use it for R&D on the new stuff I'm working on...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Owensboro, KY
    Posts
    84
    Anyone got a link to order these please?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by harleywrench001 View Post
    Anyone got a link to order these please?
    Click the "ShoeBox" tab at the top.

  9. #9
    I will be buying a freedom8 myself as soon as I can afford it. The house I am purchasing g is pretty far away from any place I will be able to get fills.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    1,232
    So the freedom 8 can fill a 68/4500 in two hours now?

  11. #11
    It actually shows a 68/4500 in 35 minutes and a 44 cf scuba tank in less than 2 hours

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    1,232
    wow 35 mins. yeah, i couldnt find anything about times during a cursory search. the faq's had it at 4 hours, but for the freedom it said it fills in half the time. so assumed that meant 2 hours....

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    wow 35 mins. yeah, i couldnt find anything about times during a cursory search. the faq's had it at 4 hours, but for the freedom it said it fills in half the time. so assumed that meant 2 hours....
    I actually goofed up! I saw where it said 3000-4500, Im assuming thats just the top off fill from 3k... sorry, it does say 1.75 hours from 0-4500...


    my bad

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,107
    the guys at my pb shop 30 mins from me say im an idiot to buy this.
    guess ill have to get one toward the end of the year.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    the guys at my pb shop 30 mins from me say im an idiot to buy this.
    guess ill have to get one toward the end of the year.
    Quick math. Generous variables: 30 minutes one way = 40 mile round trip. Vehicle averages 20mpg. Gas is $3.50 per gallon. Air refill on one tank costs $3.00. That's $10 to fill your tank, total. So, after eliminating 40 times in a year of going there to fill your tank, your Shoebox has paid for itself.

    Oh yeah, and eliminating all those "I tried to test it but I only had 300 psi in my tank" or "I'd make a quick shooting vid but I'm out of air" posts = priceless


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Quick math. Generous variables: 30 minutes one way = 40 mile round trip. Vehicle averages 20mpg. Gas is $3.50 per gallon. Air refill on one tank costs $3.00. That's $10 to fill your tank, total. So, after eliminating 40 times in a year of going there to fill your tank, your Shoebox has paid for itself.

    Oh yeah, and eliminating all those "I tried to test it but I only had 300 psi in my tank" or "I'd make a quick shooting vid but I'm out of air" posts = priceless

    The Shoebox will still have residual value no matter what you do with it so assume you could sell it at any time for 25% of it's price. Your payback would actually be much faster.
    Forest Gump of paintball

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    239
    Lol around my parts a fill is 8 bucks and have been quoted to fill my scuba 20 bucks.I may buy the 650 shoebox by the end of the year.just last weekend I filled my tank for 8 bucks and was doing a test on my mag and whoosh my 8 bucks was gone in about 2 seconds after I just drove 35 minutes for the fill.Buying a shoebox will be an investment for me.:-) :-)

  18. #18
    If I didn't have access to a 5k psi compressor any time I wanted, within a 25 minute drive, for free, I'd have one of these in my shop already.

    Still thinking about one just to cut out the 25 minute drive. Though, it's not really been a problem.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Lol around my parts a fill is 8 bucks and have been quoted to fill my scuba 20 bucks.I may buy the 650 shoebox by the end of the year.just last weekend I filled my tank for 8 bucks and was doing a test on my mag and whoosh my 8 bucks was gone in about 2 seconds after I just drove 35 minutes for the fill.Buying a shoebox will be an investment for me.:-) :-)
    Not to be rubbing it in anybodys face or anything but around where I play, both my local field and largest local pro shop have teamed up and for $10 I get unlimited 24/7 4500psi air fills for a year. I feel like I am very well off with this deal

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Not to be rubbing it in anybodys face or anything but around where I play, both my local field and largest local pro shop have teamed up and for $10 I get unlimited 24/7 4500psi air fills for a year. I feel like I am very well off with this deal
    Yup that's a sweet deal,if that was offered here I would be all over it.:-) :-)

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    Not to be rubbing it in anybodys face or anything but around where I play, both my local field and largest local pro shop have teamed up and for $10 I get unlimited 24/7 4500psi air fills for a year. I feel like I am very well off with this deal
    So you have your own keys to the proshop to fill your tanks at 3am? Awesome.

  22. #22
    I do like the compressor, but as mentioned before, I have a field that's about a 10 minute round trip from me and every time I go in im the mag guy... they always ask me how my mag is since they know I've been working on it and let me fill for free, 4500 fills.

    But yes. The down side is I can't go anytime id like... not like I could start blasting it off at midnight anyhow living in an apartment right now.

    Id see this most practical for someone with a decent set up shop that truely is a good amount away from any air source. Or someone with a scuba tank. That would be sweet! Just backpack up a 44cf tank, that's all day air... lol

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,801
    I've looked at these. New and used price wise. But I've got a friend with a 5k compressor. So I get free air in my 4500 gun tanks. And my 3500 scuba. Only down side is I have to go to there shop and fill it when they are open. Or drop it off at one of there houses and pick it up the next day. But for now I'm happy with this setup.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    841
    I had one of the originals (#453 IIRC) and I can say I really miss the convenience of having air for teching all the time. I had four 68ci tanks and in the time it took to empty one testing a gun I could have another almost full. I kept them all filled and it was really easy to work with.
    I regret having sold it, but I needed the cash so it had to go.
    Maybe next year I may take the plunge again and get one of the new ones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •