Have got myself a Micro Emag. I'm most for mechanical markers but because this also works without batteries, I made an exception. Want some advice and answers before I start fiddling too much.

It has not been used for some years, has been a collectors marker and been sitting on a wall

I have cleaned the board and all connectors. Yes, I was very careful.

Have checked the battery and it stays charged for a few hours.

The display will light up to show 3.0 and then it turns off.
If the board was fried, it would not do this, or?

If anyone can help me I would be grateful for help...