Thread: Emag won't shoot in mechanical, moves selector switch when trigger pressed.

Emag won't shoot in mechanical, moves selector switch when trigger pressed.

Well, I just picked up a sweet emag in a package deal. At least I'm pretty sure it's sweet. First thing to fix is to get it to fire in mechanical mode. This thing was sitting in some persons closet for years, and in addition to a lot of filth, the darn thing doesn't fire in mechanical mode. I can move the eselector switch over to M, and then when I press the trigger, or just move the sear, the selector switch begins moving to "E."

Please help.

are there trigger stops?

Edit: Missed that last part. Have you tried taking it apart and making sure its all in there correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    are there trigger stops?

Edit: Missed that last part. Have you tried taking it apart and making sure its all in there correctly?
    I don't know if everything in the selector is there. Can't really find any pictures. Can you help me out?

Shoulda bought the mat! Lol

I'm sorry I just had to, good luck with the trigger

Well, it looks liek it has everything. Maybe not the tiny little spring, I'll have to investigate that tomorrow.

Let me try a different tack. Just how does that little cylinder switch it between E mode and mech mode? I just can't see how that cylinder achieves that.

And thanks for providing that. That's one of the things I was looking for.

there are two flat spots on the cylinder milled to different depths. Think of it like a standard frame safety with adjustable stopping points. Once you fully rotate it the deeper flat spot lines up with the trigger and you can pull far enough to trigger the mag in mech mode.

Actually that may be your issue... if the little selector switch isn't alight correctly you may not be turning it far enough... it may be slightly lined up with e-mode so as you pull its just rotating the cylinder to line up with the flat spot for e-mode.

Can you over-turn the switch past where mech should be and try it?

Sounds like it wasn't put back together properly. Link: http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...g_trigger.html

I once bought a "broken" Emag, with the only problem being that the HES was installed incorrectly. Best deal ever.

When you have the frame off the rail, you can see the selector switch from the top. When it is switched to electric mode, you will be able to adjust the set screw against the lever on the back of the trigger to stop the trigger. Once you determine that it is correctly oriented, you can switch it to mechanical mode and the flat spot should line up with the lever on the back of the trigger so that the trigger will travel farther back.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.