Thread: Open letter to paintball product manufacturers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Open letter to paintball product manufacturers

Dear Sr.,

Please stop designing your products with brightly colored jewels displaying your logo. This is not NASCAR. You are not my sponsor. If you want me to advertise for your product you can pay me to do so or give me free stuff. Until that shining day I will continue to make removing your jewels step 2 after opening the box.

Sincerely,
    ~Annoyed Consumer

Oh man, I can't agree more.

Tasteful milling is one thing, but even that should be limited to the body of a marker (Shocktechs, late PTPs, etc).

I have so many CP regulators and ASAs; none of them have jewels because they're UGLY.

Unless if it is AGD's. I am happy to have a blazing AGD logo on as many things as I can. Gotta have that AGD pride.

I've never been a big logo fan. I'm picky with riding gear because of it too. Can't think of many logos in all my pb gear.

Without little more than moving my head right to left I see:
    hp (7x), CASIO, Fowler, vtech, Industrial Press, Network, Acer, cisco, audubon, Mitutoyo, belkin, magic jack, scotch, Palmers Pursuit, Starrett, Phllips, so I really don't get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Without little more than moving my head right to left I see:
    hp (7x), CASIO, Fowler, vtech, Industrial Press, Network, Acer, cisco, audubon, Mitutoyo, belkin, magic jack, scotch, Palmers Pursuit, Starrett, Phllips, so I really don't get your point.
    lol. Let me try. RCA, DELL, AT&T, Samsung, Linksys, HP. I get what you're saying and for the record, I see you as one of the good guys. Milled into the product tastefully so that those who like what they see can know what it is.

It annoys me with paintball stuff because we go to so much trouble to get our markers unique and just so.

I would have thought the opposite. You guys pay so much attention to, and associate so much with, branding and showing people what you spent money on that I figure you'd actually like an overt, visible logo. It's a direct statement of your status. And we all love our status symbols, even if they're gaudy.

That goes double for you guys that run around putting stickers on everything.

And logo'd jerseys.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    You guys
    Who guys is "you guys"?

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    It annoys me with paintball stuff because we go to so much trouble to get our markers unique and just so.
    Just "funnin" with you, that stuff irritates me too, but there is no escape it's everywhere.

The best is when something gets logos on it that don't deserve it.... like the Chrysler 300 with a fake Bentley grill.