Thread: Does Such a Thing Exist?

Does Such a Thing Exist?

Is there a tool out there that would help you visualize what your marker would look like when anno'ed? I would think it would be fairly simple, have the silhouettes of different popular marker parts and a color wheel/pallet that would allow you to approximate your desired color for each part and apply different effects you might want. I was thinking about mocking up my envisioned color scheme with Paint or maybe even just drawing it, I figured I would ask before I battle with Paint or challenge my limited artistic ability.

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    Is there a tool out there that would help you visualize what your marker would look like when anno'ed? I would think it would be fairly simple, have the silhouettes of different popular marker parts and a color wheel/pallet that would allow you to approximate your desired color for each part and apply different effects you might want. I was thinking about mocking up my envisioned color scheme with Paint or maybe even just drawing it, I figured I would ask before I battle with Paint or challenge my limited artistic ability.
    DLX's website is pretty good at it.

Or Photoshop, but I don't have the software. Or id be doing like 60 different kinds a day. I'm still undecided after 2 weeks on what I want, and its because when I look at my gun I can't visualize it how it would be, I just see it how it is.

There's a graphic designer guy on Custom Cockers (username: Trustme) who has mocked up a few ano patterns using Photoshop for the members over there. The end result was pretty good. Maybe you can bribe him to mock up a design for you.

Here's the thread:
    http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...ight=photoshop

Like this, but a bit more robust?

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Euro...se/index.shtml

I created one years ago with Adobe Flash and it worked pretty well. To me, it is alot easier to create the mock-up in photoshop though. There are way too many options to try and program to make it look right.

I found DLX's website to be the best at this so far. But not really going to help you with this. Fun to play with, here is a link anyways.

http://luxepaintball.com/gunColors.php

I am really just looking for a two-tone color scheme so the DLX site was all I needed. I like the the look of the two colors that I am thinking about but was hoping for a tool that would offer a little more detail. It looks like there is a free trail of photoshop, perhaps I will give that a try.

You know, Photoshop's not the only game in town. Gimp has what you need, and it's free.

I'd just take a picture of the gun and throw down some layer masks and twiddle with the color settings that way. You can do gradients or whatever you're thinking of for your two-tone scheme.

Did I mention Gimp is free?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    You know, Photoshop's not the only game in town. Gimp has what you need, and it's free.

I'd just take a picture of the gun and throw down some layer masks and twiddle with the color settings that way. You can do gradients or whatever you're thinking of for your two-tone scheme.

Did I mention Gimp is free?
    Hmm, Gimp sounds like a perfectly legitimate program I will take a look at it, thanks.

Edit: Upon further review GIMP seems like a good option and is highly rated by/on Cnet, thanks GB!

Since we like photoshop alternatives... you can also try pixlr. No need to install anything... http://pixlr.com/editor/

Wow, that runs surprisingly well considering it runs in the browser. Neat find!

I've been playing around with that link as well... kind of a pain though, well it was my fault. I got my marker all cut out and pasted on a new page, then I was doing precision erasing on the edges and went to hit "undo"... but I clicked a link on my toolbar instead and lost it, lol. Took me like 40 minutes to get where I was at. Haven't been back since.

I did mess around with a few colors though... blood red and black is pretty sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    I've been playing around with that link as well... kind of a pain though, well it was my fault. I got my marker all cut out and pasted on a new page, then I was doing precision erasing on the edges and went to hit "undo"... but I clicked a link on my toolbar instead and lost it, lol. Took me like 40 minutes to get where I was at. Haven't been back since.

I did mess around with a few colors though... blood red and black is pretty sweet!

That's why I mentioned I prefer to do it as a mask. Instead of doing a cutout or whatever, paint a mask for the gun. Start out with the magic wand, but then create the layer mask and then finish it up that way. You can paint the mask incrementally, just like painting a regular picture, so you're less likely to have something catastrophic happen.

That said, I'm sure some of you are way faster at this than me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Since we like photoshop alternatives... you can also try pixlr. No need to install anything... http://pixlr.com/editor/
    Nice! It looks just like SplashUp

I was just using the lasso tool and the color shading feature originally to color the body, but then I decided to get fancy and that's when I messed up. Haha

try this:
    www.cartermachine.com

go to the markers section, and though its on a carter pump(or a sniper): you can do fades, solids and splash, in the colours on the site. its a flash file, but it will give you a little more than the DLX site for concepts instead of base and accents.

now, if someone could do THAT to an mag that you could pull up, then we would have something.