Thread: RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego

Looking at used prices it appears I can get a marker, tank, and hopper for under $500, and it will be a quality setup. I'd love to get xvalve ule, but under 500 for all is going to be a stretch. I am amazed how much prices have dropped, with exception to AGD stuff.

So I am looking at a viking, cyborg or ego. Can you guys provide some thoughts? I've owned a few vikings, I know they are solid, love the trigger. I was wondering how they compare to a cyborg or ego. All three are in the price range and they are all super efficient, 2krnds/68ci. They all shoot plenty fast, I am interested in the thoughts of those you whom have owned any of them and how they compare.

I had an older Sonic Cyborg. My buddy in Nebraska still uses it. Shoots great, quiet, and efficient. I have had an 05, 06, and 08 Ego. 05/06 wasnt so impressive, but when I got my hands on my 08 Origin, that was nice. I was playing woods and speedball on a 45/45. So light and well balanced. I have never shot the Cyborg RX although I would trade my ULE Emag for the right one, and I have never shot a Viking although an old team mate had a really bada$$ one in like 03 or 04 timeframe. If you are looking for a combo in that price range, I would guess you are considering the older Cyborg, prior to the RX, and an 05.06.or 07 Ego.
    Max Lundqvist's 1 of 2 Angel Joy A1
    DEMONIC Freeflow Cocker No. 4 of 13 My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMag View Post
    I had an older Sonic Cyborg. My buddy in Nebraska still uses it. Shoots great, quiet, and efficient. I have had an 05, 06, and 08 Ego. 05/06 wasnt so impressive, but when I got my hands on my 08 Origin, that was nice. I was playing woods and speedball on a 45/45. So light and well balanced. I have never shot the Cyborg RX although I would trade my ULE Emag for the right one, and I have never shot a Viking although an old team mate had a really bada$$ one in like 03 or 04 timeframe. If you are looking for a combo in that price range, I would guess you are considering the older Cyborg, prior to the RX, and an 05.06.or 07 Ego.
    05-07 cyborg, 04 viking and 07-09 Ego, I am impressed by how inexpensive they have gotten over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by GT View Post
    05-07 cyborg, 04 viking and 07-09 Ego, I am impressed by how inexpensive they have gotten over the last few years.
    Oddly enough, I think the '04 Viking will fetch the most out of what you have listed.

Were I in your shoes, I'd consider an earlier model. There are more of them out there and they tend to be cheap enough that you can add a decent tank and loader to the equation... I've gotta figure the minimum is $75 for a modern loader used, and at least $100 for an HPA tank for with some life left in it. That leaves $325 to get your Viking and any misc. accessories like a tank cover, trigger, feedneck, barrel (preference items, not performance items).

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Oddly enough, I think the '04 Viking will fetch the most out of what you have listed.

Were I in your shoes, I'd consider an earlier model. There are more of them out there and they tend to be cheap enough that you can add a decent tank and loader to the equation... I've gotta figure the minimum is $75 for a modern loader used, and at least $100 for an HPA tank for with some life left in it. That leaves $325 to get your Viking and any misc. accessories like a tank cover, trigger, feedneck, barrel (preference items, not performance items).

My numbers are a little flexible. Viking is defiantly on the higher end of the scale. Honestly, I'd love to pick up a used ULE Emag, but the prices are a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by GT View Post
    My numbers are a little flexible. Viking is defiantly on the higher end of the scale. Honestly, I'd love to pick up a used ULE Emag, but the prices are a little high.
    You're not kidding!

I've seen crusty emags go for big bucks. The only markers I own that have retained value are Emags, my Twisters and my AKA guns.

I will say this, I still own Vikings, and I have owned an '08 Ego and '06 Cyborg. All excellent markers.