Thread: acrylic grips?

acrylic grips?

Who does custom acrylic grip panels these days? I can't seem to find anyone via google, stinger seems to be the only one coming up.

Stinger does them.

Google "spd grips"

I believe that initially Dark Seoul provided grips for Stinger to customize as well as selling his own designs under his brands. Dark Seoul has stopped producing grips and the quality of Stinger products has tanked since then; I have had bad luck with my last two orders and tend to avoid them.

If you're using a 45 frame or 86 frame, these might work, though not acrylic you can do custom images:

http://www.riograndecustomgrips.com/

http://www.customkillergrips.com/

http://www.wickedgrips.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I believe that initially Dark Seoul provided grips for Stinger to customize as well as selling his own designs under his brands. Dark Seoul has stopped producing grips and the quality of Stinger products has tanked since then; I have had bad luck with my last two orders and tend to avoid them.
    I've personally have always had a good experience with Stinger grips. I've probably bought at least 5 sets over a few years. If their quality has diminished, it must be recent. It has been 1-2 years since I had ordered anything from them.

Looking for vertical grips. Am wanting a clear neon green set of grip panels. Looking through the custom order form on stinger shows me a lot more options for angel vertical grips than I expected. Anyone know what the M90 Emancipator uses? Angel speed 90* or Angel A4 Fly 90*? Or does it even matter? I may have to change the LPR I'm using if they can't score the inside of the panels a bit to make a bit of room too..

You also have the option of talking with them and even sending in the grips. They made a set for my wifes enmey and they turned out awesome. They didn't even have an enmey pattern so I sent them the grips and they made them from scratch

Maybe they worked out the issues in the last couple years; they were great when I first started using them. Last time I dealt with them was '09, a bit after Dark Seoul stopped providing grips to be customized. I got a set of Emag grips and a set of Angel 90* on separate occasions.

I first ordered a set of Emag grips, which seemed very rough around the edges; they didn't have a consistent angle almost like someone had sloppily carved them by hand with a dull knife. The see-thru for the screen was offcenter so the light ended up shining through the grip material instead. I wasn't happy but they were cheap so I sold them off with another frame as " crummy spares".

I gave them a 2nd shot for the Angel since I wanted 90* grips with a logo and they were the only option. When they arrived one panel was slightly warped, and the other had a hole pattern that was far off enough that it didn't fit on the marker. The image was grainy and low resolution (I provided one that was crisp and clear at 6x6" and it was only 2x2" on the grips) and had been stretched out vertically to 3"x2".

If they're back to normal let me know; I could use some of their products, I just can't dump more money and cross my fingers.