Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Booh-Yaah E-Frame...

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Booh-Yaah E-Frame...

    Found this on Ebay, are they really that expensive?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ectorid=229466

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    dunno, never seen one that complete

    thats on/off is a RARE item

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    384
    I've been bidding on it. (stopped at $225) I wanted it but it went just above my max bid. It's nice but too rich for my blood at its current bid price. Lol

  4. #4
    With all the original stuff, yes.

    I have two of those on offs

    I've seen them in the $150 range for the frame only. Usually they are missing any type of charger and the trigger guard around that price. Almost all I've seen recently did not come with the on off assembly either.

    I bet it sees over $250. I've been watching it as well since the day it was posted but it went WELL above my max. Crazy it started out at $25, lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    1,257
    Didnt know these were so popular all of a sudden. I have a couple of them, and they are fantastic. I dont have chargers for them. Do have on/offs. For those prices I may part with one. If anyone is interested?????

  6. #6
    This is why out of all the stuff people have proposed to do to classic mags I say someone bring back an electro frame. Nothing fancy since ramping and full auto is banned anywhere except your back yard. And I ran a hyper for a couple years in tourneys and regular play with no shootdown or ill effects, my buddy with an Angel back in the day actually liked my mag with the hyperframe over his brand new $1200 Angel.

    If someone pieced together a decent board with a clapper, then got together with a current milling company (Luke, Doc,XMT) they could set up to mill current frames. Cut the cost down by not having to produce an entirely new frame. With the cost of basic electronics you could count on maybe $50 for a decent electronics setup and say, $120-$150 for the milling on intellis, 90's, benchmarks etc. And theres a sub $200 electro. And I doubt milling would be that high if ULE milling by Luke is only $35, thats already half the milling right there to open it up....

    Just sayin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warbird U
    Posts
    1,020
    Funny about the price since I don't think I paid that much for mine when it was new, still have all of it though it needs a new board.
    A proud Canadian EH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    384
    I'd be in for a new electro frame for sure! Lets get the ball rolling lol

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    I'd be in for a new electro frame for sure! Lets get the ball rolling lol
    LOL, Id be down as well. They are all disappearing or dead now days. And even the Spyder frames for a Spydermag are getting harder and harder to find.

    I still to this day kick myself in the @ss for tossing my hyper after the board fried... But back in the day when it went out the board cost 3/4 of what I paid for it originally. I was out at a tourney and had to swap the battery... forgot to do the discharge on the capacitor (touching the +/- together) and just slapped the new battery in it, toasted on the spot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massassachussessetts
    Posts
    3,245
    I'm blown away that people are paying so much for BooYah frames - the QC made it such that finding one that worked and would continue to work was totally hit or miss, and the design is chunkier that an early Eblade. I've owned a few, but I never paid more than $100 and even as a board certified mag whisperer I had trouble making them function consistently. I never thought there'd be a world in which you could buy a mag with a Hyperframe installed for <$200 and a standalone BooYah knockoff is $250 or more LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    If someone pieced together a decent board with a clapper, then got together with a current milling company (Luke, Doc,XMT) they could set up to mill current frames. Cut the cost down by not having to produce an entirely new frame. With the cost of basic electronics you could count on maybe $50 for a decent electronics setup and say, $120-$150 for the milling on intellis, 90's, benchmarks etc. And theres a sub $200 electro. And I doubt milling would be that high if ULE milling by Luke is only $35, thats already half the milling right there to open it up.
    E90 and Magnus.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,169
    maybe i should buy it?
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  12. #12
    I think I have one lying in the car ... will see if I can find it.
    Yes I have stuff everywhere. I filled the house and then the garage ... what have we left? ... yes the car ... I go out and check ...brb

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    I think I have one lying in the car ... will see if I can find it.
    Yes I have stuff everywhere. I filled the house and then the garage ... what have we left? ... yes the car ... I go out and check ...brb
    Haha, so all of our hard to find splash/ electro/ rare parts are in a car in Sweden?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    312
    I would be in on new e grip frame as well.:-) :-) I've been thinking about doing one,spyder or ego mag but if someone builds one I'll be onboard. :-) :-)

  15. #15
    Found it, was under the passenger seat...
    A new battery and...yep it works.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Haha, so all of our hard to find splash/ electro/ rare parts are in a car in Sweden?
    No, all of them are in the house...well almost all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •