Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booh-Yaah E-Frame...

Booh-Yaah E-Frame...

Found this on Ebay, are they really that expensive?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ectorid=229466

dunno, never seen one that complete

thats on/off is a RARE item

I've been bidding on it. (stopped at $225) I wanted it but it went just above my max bid. It's nice but too rich for my blood at its current bid price. Lol

With all the original stuff, yes.

I have two of those on offs

I've seen them in the $150 range for the frame only. Usually they are missing any type of charger and the trigger guard around that price. Almost all I've seen recently did not come with the on off assembly either.

I bet it sees over $250. I've been watching it as well since the day it was posted but it went WELL above my max. Crazy it started out at $25, lol

Didnt know these were so popular all of a sudden. I have a couple of them, and they are fantastic. I dont have chargers for them. Do have on/offs. For those prices I may part with one. If anyone is interested?????

This is why out of all the stuff people have proposed to do to classic mags I say someone bring back an electro frame. Nothing fancy since ramping and full auto is banned anywhere except your back yard. And I ran a hyper for a couple years in tourneys and regular play with no shootdown or ill effects, my buddy with an Angel back in the day actually liked my mag with the hyperframe over his brand new $1200 Angel.

If someone pieced together a decent board with a clapper, then got together with a current milling company (Luke, Doc,XMT) they could set up to mill current frames. Cut the cost down by not having to produce an entirely new frame. With the cost of basic electronics you could count on maybe $50 for a decent electronics setup and say, $120-$150 for the milling on intellis, 90's, benchmarks etc. And theres a sub $200 electro. And I doubt milling would be that high if ULE milling by Luke is only $35, thats already half the milling right there to open it up....

Just sayin

Funny about the price since I don't think I paid that much for mine when it was new, still have all of it though it needs a new board.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

I'd be in for a new electro frame for sure! Lets get the ball rolling lol

maybe i should buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    I'd be in for a new electro frame for sure! Lets get the ball rolling lol
    LOL, Id be down as well. They are all disappearing or dead now days. And even the Spyder frames for a Spydermag are getting harder and harder to find.

I still to this day kick myself in the @ss for tossing my hyper after the board fried... But back in the day when it went out the board cost 3/4 of what I paid for it originally. I was out at a tourney and had to swap the battery... forgot to do the discharge on the capacitor (touching the +/- together) and just slapped the new battery in it, toasted on the spot.

I think I have one lying in the car ... will see if I can find it.
    Yes I have stuff everywhere. I filled the house and then the garage ... what have we left? ... yes the car ... I go out and check ...brb

Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    I think I have one lying in the car ... will see if I can find it.
    Yes I have stuff everywhere. I filled the house and then the garage ... what have we left? ... yes the car ... I go out and check ...brb
    Haha, so all of our hard to find splash/ electro/ rare parts are in a car in Sweden?

I'm blown away that people are paying so much for BooYah frames - the QC made it such that finding one that worked and would continue to work was totally hit or miss, and the design is chunkier that an early Eblade. I've owned a few, but I never paid more than $100 and even as a board certified mag whisperer I had trouble making them function consistently. I never thought there'd be a world in which you could buy a mag with a Hyperframe installed for <$200 and a standalone BooYah knockoff is $250 or more LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    If someone pieced together a decent board with a clapper, then got together with a current milling company (Luke, Doc,XMT) they could set up to mill current frames. Cut the cost down by not having to produce an entirely new frame. With the cost of basic electronics you could count on maybe $50 for a decent electronics setup and say, $120-$150 for the milling on intellis, 90's, benchmarks etc. And theres a sub $200 electro. And I doubt milling would be that high if ULE milling by Luke is only $35, thats already half the milling right there to open it up.
    E90 and Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post

E90 and Magnus.
    Arent those right around $400?

I would be in on new e grip frame as well.:-) :-) I've been thinking about doing one,spyder or ego mag but if someone builds one I'll be onboard. :-) :-)

Found it, was under the passenger seat...
    A new battery and...yep it works.

Arent those right around $400?
    My point is that's what happens when you set these guys on a low production run of a fancy and unique setup (i.e. 90* frame, scratch built, special grips, etc) and it ends up at $400. I'm guessing they could scratch build a very plain 45* frame (like the old Zenitram Bushmaster frames) for cheaper, like $200-$250 and make it in such numbers that it could be sold through actual retailers. Modifying existing frames can be more difficult.

Haha, so all of our hard to find splash/ electro/ rare parts are in a car in Sweden?
    No, all of them are in the house...well almost all

Found it, was under the passenger seat...
    A new battery and...yep it works.
    Lol if my daughter hadn't turned 18 today I would make you an offer but seeing as she's trying to drain my bank account I better not atm:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    ...if my daughter hadn't turned 18 today
    Just thinking how lucky you are that this is AO and not PBN

My point is that's what happens when you set these guys on a low production run of a fancy and unique setup (i.e. 90* frame, scratch built, special grips, etc) and it ends up at $400. I'm guessing they could scratch build a very plain 45* frame (like the old Zenitram Bushmaster frames) for cheaper, like $200-$250 and make it in such numbers that it could be sold through actual retailers. Modifying existing frames can be more difficult.
    My point goes this way... if its only a mod to an existing frame, its not something that will sit on a shelf, its a computer file on a zip drive... you mill 5 of them, or 50, its parts coming in stock, and out modified. The ule milling is set up already for most frames, make a pocket for the clapper, a recess in the front strap for a trigger switch and its pretty much there...

Thats all I was trying to get at

Lacks the on/off. What is the difference compared to the standard one?
    Is it possible to have a standard on/off to work?

"Just thinking how lucky you are that this is AO and not PBN "

well, since you had to say something...

Pics or shens!!!

Lacks the on/off. What is the difference compared to the standard one?
    Is it possible to have a standard on/off to work?
    The on off that came with these actually uses an emag/rt/x valve on off pin... the difference is the housing is made like the classic on off... ill take pics, be back in 5

heres the on offs,

Left is classic, middle 2 are hyperframe/booh-yaah, right is RTP style

Thanks

Just thinking how lucky you are that this is AO and not PBN
    Yeah no doubt,better class of folks here.:-)

Sooo...let's find some folks that can design and create a new Automag electronic frame for us. I'll throw a sizable chunk of start up capital in if we get serious interest.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    Sooo...let's find some folks that can design and create a new Automag electronic frame for us. I'll throw a sizable chunk of start up capital in if we get serious interest.
    I would definitely be Interested in a new run electro frame

The only thing is that I'd be a little picky about the ergos

With my short fat fingered mole hands, not everything is a great fit, and I'm finding out the hard way that I need a fairly roomy trigger guard. (Always had one before so i never appreciated the potential shortfall but the new airwalk is a bit on the small side.)

That said, if it does fit the ergonomic bill or even come close, I'm now in the unexpectedly happy position of bein able to afford something really nice

So yeah tentative sale right here

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    I would definitely be Interested in a new run electro frame

The only thing is that I'd be a little picky about the ergos

With my short fat fingered mole hands, not everything is a great fit, and I'm finding out the hard way that I need a fairly roomy trigger guard. (Always had one before so i never appreciated the potential shortfall but the new airwalk is a bit on the small side.)

That said, if it does fit the ergonomic bill or even come close, I'm now in the unexpectedly happy position of bein able to afford something really nice

So yeah tentative sale right here
    The bigger problem you run into in regards to a roomier frame, is the layout of the gun. It is very possible to use or make a larger area with the trigger guard, but you would have to run an rt length rail. The setup on an am/mm rail has the foregrip basically touching any frame made for a mag.

You could do something like the egomag, but then the cost goes through the roof in designing and making a whole new frame