Thread: How you can tell if a seller has a lady waiting at home...

How you can tell if a seller has a lady waiting at home...

I came across an item I wanted on another forum, having just missed out on a similar one on Ebay. New it'd be about $100, and the gentleman wanted $60 used, the same as it went for on Ebay. Conveniently enough, I had $61 dollars in my PayPal account, completely free from the prying eyes of my better half!

I told him I'd take it for $60, and he came back with $60 + $5 shipping. Being that I had only the $61 in untraceable fundage, I busted out the honesty card and told the man straight up; letting a paintball purchase hit the checking account or credit card this week would be the equivalent of domestic seppuku but I'd gladly come up to $61 total being that it's my PayPal accounts bottom dollar. After all, what's $4 between players?

Well I think I might have rocked his world - $65 is firm, and it's a good price, after all it's only $4. If only it were that simple. I miss those innocent days.

what was it.
    i may be able to help you out,
    is it mag related?

LOL naw it was just a gear bag I've had my eye on but only at the right price.

I'm not ticked or anything; I'm just jealous of how innocent the guy is! I already hit my paintball budget for this week and it's only Sunday night. The bank thought it was a little funky to spend so what I did out of state and gave the little lady a call... Now I'm on probation!

I appreciate the offer though.

LOL, I feel ya man. Been there on all accounts.

i do the SAME thing. wife came back once and said "what the hell did you spend 261.50$ on?!"

"what do you mean? where did you get that ammount?" as only 125$ of it came out of checking, the rest in paypal...

"it's on our statement!"

"prove it... or were you snooping through my paypal"

dead silence...

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    LOL naw it was just a gear bag I've had my eye on but only at the right price.

I'm not ticked or anything; I'm just jealous of how innocent the guy is! I already hit my paintball budget for this week and it's only Sunday night. The bank thought it was a little funky to spend so what I did out of state and gave the little lady a call... Now I'm on probation!

I appreciate the offer though.

She would likely see the package when it came anyway.

My girlfriend gets on me because she sees me post pics to Facebook. Then she asks why I have spent $400 in the last week. I've decided to ignore the texts after my status updates. She didn't like that. She started coming over asking so what is for sale again.

I am guilty as charged for that as well ...

Problem is, I have had numerous people pull the "all I have is" thing and it doesn't sway me. My usual response is: "give me a shout back when you have it". 9/10 the buyer suddenly has he money. It's a tired line guys, find another one.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    She would likely see the package when it came anyway.
    "Would you believe he traded this for my old mask?"

Works EVERY time.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Problem is, I have had numerous people pull the "all I have is" thing and it doesn't sway me. My usual response is: "give me a shout back when you have it". 9/10 the buyer suddenly has he money. It's a tired line guys, find another one.
    Agreed, but $4 on a $65 sale? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    My girlfriend gets on me because she sees me post pics to Facebook. Then she asks why I have spent $400 in the last week. I've decided to ignore the texts after my status updates. She didn't like that. She started coming over asking so what is for sale again.
    Haha, been here too! I've got a lot of stuff that is "for sale". Just.. some of it isn't exactly listed.

Every once in awhile I have to explain that I only actually own 2 1/2 paintball guns, and how they're different (ETac, TPX, pump project). Then explain how this gun actually belongs to someone else. And that gun is my son's - he's 3 years old. Etc, etc.

Maybe his "boss" told him he had better not take a penny less than $65!!

Quote Originally Posted by swamphawk7 View Post
    Maybe his "boss" told him he had better not take a penny less than $65!!
    Then list it for $65!

Just kidding. Maybe I'll offer him a trade; cake with file in it + $$... I've had a hole in the wall behind my Raquel Welch poster for years, I just don't usually give the warden a reason to throw stuff at it! This time I screwed up; next time though, gameface.

At least your "others" are watching the money in the first place. Mine doesn't keep track of her own spending, much less mine. If there was a good amount left when I got to it, I might be able to enjoy that.

Just when I think I have some money left over, no, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Agreed, but $4 on a $65 sale? LOL
    Yep. I price my parts pretty fairly. Very rarely am I out of line and if I am I'll adjust it. Why should I lower my price just because someone doesnt have the funds? And most times it's BS, they're just trying to screw me down. I mean the last time someone tried this tactice, I had a used Mini for sale for $160 IIRC including shipping. Cheapest one out there and still had people coming in whining about how they only had this or that much. No offense, but if you can't afford it, you can't afford it. And yes, one of the same guys that said he only had $ 125 in his account ended up suddenly having the funds and bought it. Miraculous!
    Last edited by OPBN; 04-09-2013 at 08:53 AM.

thread should be titled " How you can tell a buyer has his nuts in his wifes purse "
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    thread should be titled " How you can tell a buyer has his nuts in his wifes purse "
    Ok, I'll change it!

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark.