Thread: Double Nasty Teth

Double Nasty Teth

I was ask about helping out on a build and instead of running a bracket system I suggested this.

This particular spacing is for a double Tac body with both air supplies on the right. (Customer request)
    I'm open to doing another narrower setup for ULE bodies with opposing air supplies if there is any interest.
    Yes, ULE milling is possible on the whole rail, just keeping it simple for now.
    I have not put a lot of thought into sear tripping options but we can discuss it here.
    No, I don't have a price yet.
    Yes it can be machined for SS bodies too.

I'm currently in the middle of another (undisclosed) project and will see it through before I do much more on this and that is if there is any interest. But I thought we could start a conversation on it and see where it takes us.

if you can come up with a simple and clever way to trip both sears at the same time without pneus or batteries i would be much more interested in something like this. Ive always wanted a nasty SOMETHING and it may as well be a mag

Marketing tip: Have a list of catchphrases to say when you shoot people.

That looks like one expensive chunk of al. Cool deal though.

I would be in for one. It would be nice if there was a way to keep it mech/RT but made to where it is able to be converted to pnue by adding a kit like after market mag frames are now. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
    if you can come up with a simple and clever way to trip both sears at the same time without pneus or batteries i would be much more interested in something like this. Ive always wanted a nasty SOMETHING and it may as well be a mag
    just build one dood...they are easy to build man!

is this just an interest thread or is there a complete functioning Nasty Mag using this set up?

are the sears just gonna hang out of the rail or something...hows that gonna work eh?
    Last edited by need4reebs; 04-03-2013 at 05:47 AM.

It would be sweet if you could figure out a way to trip the Sears like an AR frame... left go off on the pull, right go off on the release.

Quote Originally Posted by halB View Post
    Marketing tip: Have a list of catchphrases to say when you shoot people.
    You've just been double balled, *****!

Sent from my iPhone using pure magic

I think its pretty awesome, but as with everything, it will probably come down to cost. That looks like an awful lot of milling...

This design is for a customer that intends on welding a "bridge bar" between the two sears, then weld a sear leg on the center of that to be activated like a standard mechanical mag. The sear legs will be removed and nothing will hang below the bottom of the rail.

There is not a prototype at this time just a CAD model. As I said above I'm in the middle of another project and am just testing the water to see if this is worth the effort to put any time into.

Personally I don't like the idea of having to weld the sears together and would be inclined to design a mechanical mechanism that activates the sears independently without joining the sears together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    It would be sweet if you could figure out a way to trip the Sears like an AR frame... left go off on the pull, right go off on the release.
    Would be cool, however, might have a problem with fields that require a sinlge trigger pull fires the marker once (reason I sold my auto response)

Quote Originally Posted by Grelvire View Post
    Would be cool, however, might have a problem with fields that require a sinlge trigger pull fires the marker once (reason I sold my auto response)
    Any field that has that problem is also going to have a problem with firing two paintballs at once from a single trigger pull anyway.

You could use a Warp Left ULE Body, And a Warp Right ULE Body to make a Nasty bottom feeding setup. Both air lines could come in on the bottom as well. This would allow the trigger frame ti sit deeper in the rig creating a lower profile. This is hard to explain. Here is a quicky pic of what I'm rambling about:
    Name:  WarpNasty.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  7.1 KB

So will this require a bigger bored barrel on the right? Cause I hear the right balls are normally larger....just sayin

Asked Luke for help with this. I currently am building a nasty using a bracket but wanted something cleaner and he put this together in what I think is a short amount of time. As he said the sears are bridged together and the bridge would sit in a channel Milled in the bottom of the rail.