Thread: Who's stripping aluminum and nickel?

Who's stripping aluminum and nickel?

It's a pain, and I've got some small parts that I don't want to risk in my home kit as well as some fairly valuable bodies and frames. Last time I ran into this issue, I had Gruntbull do it for me, but they took their sweet ass time and couldn't make a single deadline - they also screwed up anodizing some of the parts (that weren't nickel plated originally).

Anybody know of an anodizer who'll do it? I've contacted a few; no dice yet.

From what I have heard, stripping Nickel isnt for the faint of heart. Seems like I remember someone posting up some info about a quote they got that cost more than the parts.

This is the email I got from Caustic on 12/19/12...

Hi Tim,

Is this chrome or nickel?..If it is nickel I can strip it. If it is chrome can not. If you do not know send me some pictures. I can usually tell. Nickel is usually a little brown and tarnishes easily.

Before I work up a quote let me know on that.

Thanks, Stephen

Nickel was fairly easy to do for me. Have NO IDEA how ano will hold up in a bath... havnt tried. I work with chemicals for stripping and plating aluminum blocks.

I can try but I will give you no guarantees on anything

Man, I guess I'm crawling back to Gruntbull. Might have to use a proxy though; I had choice words for them a few years back when they disappeared for 2 months and didn't answer the phone or emails.