Thread: Name that detent

Name that detent

Also, can you use autococker detents in a mag? Are they the same as angel detents?

Not sure what detent it is but I have one in my parts drawer. Mags are Angel threaded and not interchangeable with cocker threads unless retapped.

Looks similar to Custom Products detents.
    Might be one of their first versions ?

http://store.customproducts.us/index...&categoryID=12

I THINK its an actual WDP Angel detent. If so, don't use it.. they are notoriously weak.

i'd say that that is a kila detents. and cocker detents are cocker threading and angel are ULE mag only.

I got in an argument with a guy awhile back on pbn saying he had a cocker detent on his mag. I think the threads are closer than others.

I think it's a kila aswell

This is what I thought it was. I wanted to make sure.

IIRC there was a period when 'Cocker and Angel detentes were the same beast.

I can verify these are the old style Kila detents, I have a few busted ones with the packaging still. None of the ones I tried lasted more than a few games.

Are the new magnet ones better?

The old style used magnets, it is the housing that has changed on the new design. The biggest problem with the old style was that the detent plunger is held in with a thin o-ring. If you increased the magnet count inside to have a stiffer detent, the supplied o-ring was too weak to keep the plunger in. Swapping to a different o-ring doesn't get you anywhere as the groove to seat it is very small, so a larger/stronger o-ring would not grab onto the plungers arms as it can not get into the groove.

Last I had heard the new style no longer uses an o-ring to keep the plunger inside, but instead is a two piece housing design that threads together. One thing to take into account as well, in my experience even on the strongest settings (3 magnet) a Rotor will often push past these detents.