Thread: vert ss minimag bodies??

vert ss minimag bodies??

does anyone have a rough estimate of how many are actually around?

i know of 2,
    ando,
    and now i have correia3's

I have one. I sold one to a guy in Texas iirc. I also had one that I sold to a guy in Canada.

and how many dont have cut feednecks?

One of the ones I sold had an uncut feedneck and basket. One had no basket and the feedneck was cut. One I still have has no bucket, but the feedneck is full length.

I sold one that was uncut. After years of searching for one it was one of the more stupid things Ive done. But at the time I needed cash more.

I forget now who bought it but he was gonna cut it. I remember someone who wanted a tall one traded him a cut one for it or something like that saving it. No idea where it went now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    I sold one that was uncut. After years of searching for one it was one of the more stupid things Ive done. But at the time I needed cash more.

I forget now who bought it but he was gonna cut it. I remember someone who wanted a tall one traded him a cut one for it or something like that saving it. No idea where it went now.
    Think it was me. I traded it for the one I have now, plus the other guy added cash.

I have one

Quote Originally Posted by cudamelland View Post
    I have one

sad, lol
    but i still like it.
    ima trade mine for my normal ver ss body on my emag lowers and then make my vert ss body my pump.

I sold the one I found on Craigslist last year either here or on MCB. I got more into euro-RT's and lost interest in vert feed Minimags. The un-cut ones are very rare though. Took me a couple years to find one out of the blue. It was always said that there was originally 400 of the high-rise centerfeed Minimags made originally to be sold as the special Digger's Minimags. Don't know how accurate that is though. There's only a handful of guys who have them now though. Ando also has a few, he has everything rare.

I've got two, one's a complete Diggers Valve Minimag, the other has had a barrel wedged in it for years that won't come out, and a partially cut feedneck.

Is there something you guys actually like about these bodies, or is it just a novelty like most other things?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Is there something you guys actually like about these bodies, or is it just a novelty like most other things?
    You wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by cudamelland View Post
    I have one

Hrm. Since you have this on a newer RTP style rail... did you have to file down the pim to get it to fit? Or did the body already come with a round pim? Or is the pim hole on that rail enlarged?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    You wouldn't understand.
    True, these bodies are something of a conundrum for me. Incidentally, I somehow get the impression that the one you sold somewhere in Texas may have made an appearance at my field. They're neat, but are hard to justify.

I can understand wanting a center-feed mag.

I can understand wanting something that isn't a ULE or Sluggo based, for cost reasons.

But seeing as these are so rare, I don't think the cost point winds up working out.

Maybe someone has a sentimental CF TL barrel that they absolutely have to use.

Or it's just a novelty.

Anyways, seeing as these were a special, it's realistic to get an actual number for how many of these there are, because only one company made them. Someone on PBreview says they have #266, so you know there's probably at least 266 of them.

Not sure how anyone would know what number they have since I've never seen any sort of number anywhere on any of the ones I've had pass through my hands.

The reason they are desireable is because they are rare. Some people value rare things more than common ones. They are no better functionally than any other CF SS body. I happen to prefer CF bodies over L or R feed bodies. No real reason other than simple preference. There's nothing magical about them.

I've modified quite a few (removed the factory feedtube) over the years so that would affect "factory original" numbers.

me i try for the rare stuff, i like rare, and one off stuff. yeah and there isnt a serial on mine.

I thought that the serial number would have been on the valves, along with extra lasering or something.

But along the lines of the original question, there is probably a way to solidly put a bounds/upper limit on how many there possibly are.

As rarely as they come up I would have a hard time believing there were 2-400 of these made. That's a lot of bodies sitting in people's closets/collections.

As rarely as they come up I would have a hard time believing there were 2-400 of these made. That's a lot of bodies sitting in people's closets/collections.
    very true,
    i was just looking for people who have one to pipe up and shoot a pic

I had the exact opposite mindset...

The Automag was neck-in-neck for best tournament grade marker for a decade - it had far fewer private label versions than the competition (WGP Autococker) and thousands upon thousands were sold in that time and beyond. AO is a pretty small community, and the average regular user probably had 2-3 Automags (though plenty like me have a small fleet). 400 may sound like a lot of mags but still is a small run; the personal markers of our userbase is a drop in the bucket when it comes to how many markers AGD made over the years, and the Diggers were 15+ years ago. I'm amazed that AO can account for about a quarter of them.

[QUOTE=GoatBoy;2827817]Hrm. Since you have this on a newer RTP style rail... did you have to file down the pim to get it to fit? Or did the body already come with a round pim? Or is the pim hole on that rail enlarged?

I had to drill a hole in the rail to fit the barrel pin. I have a X valve in it now and it's my best looking marker.

**Diggers also sold just the body and barrel. "Chrome and Teflon bodies are also available seperately. Either body comes with a 12 inch J&J ceramic barrel.Price: $225.00"

My guess would be around 350....... Seriously

Interesting splash patterns. I had a centerfire valve once. Only one I've actually seen.

Hey fellas, so I purchased the black teflon model back in college and my apartment was broken into and those clowns took it! Several years later I was determined to get lucky, well I did and I was able to get my hands on a body, barrel and valve. Here is a pic of how I have it set up today, valve still has all four stars and is numbered 0162. Hope the pics come out. Attachment 87757Attachment 87758