Thread: Adventure Game Needs Story:

Adventure Game Needs Story:

I am working on an adventure game. The game engine is fairly well finished. It is coded in JAVA and I'm a bit proud of it since it represents my first ground up game that does not use any existing engine (i.e. TGE or Unreal Engine) or libraries. It is a super simple top down game that plays very much like the first Legend of Zelda. Each map screen is populated by monsters. Once you clear the monsters people and items appear.

Now that I have met the challenge of building the engine, I'm looking for some story inspiration. If I use your idea(s) it'll get your name in the credits. Note that I'm most likely not going to make any money on this. If it does get distributed for android it will be free.

If you have any non-generic ideas I would love to hear them. Post them here (AO) or here:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ype=1&theatere

Note: PG

Thanks
    ~Zach
    Last edited by Patron God of Pirates; 06-30-2013 at 11:44 AM.

That one character looks like the flying nun. (Very much so dating myself here.)

That right there should be enough to get people's minds going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    That one character looks like the flying nun. (Very much so dating myself here.)

That right there should be enough to get people's minds going.
    lol. The first game I ever made was written entirely in batch and run under DOS. It occupied only the first to lines at the top of the screen because any larger would make the "animation" very joggy on the 286. The "graphics" were all ASCII chars. The player was represented by an omega symbol Ω . This game was originally going to be a spoof of that one. Hence the guy with an omega around his face.

Note that neither the player nor the monsters need to look anything like the ones you see.

You have been eaten by a Gru.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback