Thread: feedneck question!!!

feedneck question!!!

So I know this will upset some of the automag purists but i here goes. I have an automag rt pro with a centerfeed (stovetop). Ive had it for like 11 years and Ive decided to cut it down because im just sick oh how tall it is. I want to cut it and put a feed neck on it that claps to the centerfeed and the hopper. I have read that it wont fit right though and you have to use a shim. Is there a feedneck that doesnt require a shim??? Also whats the best way to go about cutting it and how long should i leave it so the feed neck can get a good clamp on it. Any advice would be appreciated and pictures would be awesome. Thanks

sell yours to some who wont cut it
    take that money and put it towards this: -------------->
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...yle-Body/page2
    lighter and vert like you want and your can put a clamping feedneck in just fine.

in the end it is up to you though,
    maybe this feedneck will work, clamps and secured with setscrews
    http://www.ansgear.com/ProductDetail...&click=123756&

Hope somebody will trade you a ule body or low ss clamping body for it. specially if it is a minimag center feed.

Who ever said it was a Minimag body? Sounds like a cf EMag body. They're not really all that rare. Cut it. What you are looking for is a 7/8" clamping feedneck. Ones for Ego 5/6 will work as well as some Spyder ones. Lapco currently offers one as well.

yeah its just a normal cf emag body, i have 4 of them so how rare can they be.
    its up to you cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Who ever said it was a Minimag body? Sounds like a cf EMag body. They're not really all that rare. Cut it. What you are looking for is a 7/8" clamping feedneck. Ones for Ego 5/6 will work as well as some Spyder ones. Lapco currently offers one as well.
    The Ego 5/6 will fit tight around the feed neck without a shim?

That's what I have been told. I looked at the ones that ANS has and couldnt get anyone to verify which Egos the Shochtech ones fit, so be careful. Its my understanding that the ones made to fit the 07+ Egos will not fit without a shim.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    The Ego 5/6 will fit tight around the feed neck without a shim?
    I haven't messed with a cut AGD stove pipe, but I would expect a shim for the that feedneck. The 7/8" Lapcos fit Luke's vert feed directly, but you need a shim to use the Ego neck properly.

That said, shims aren't bad. It's a small strip of brass that is almost invisible (0.014" thick iirc). It provides some conformal crush between the stainless and the aircraft aluminum, and the grip is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    That's what I have been told. I looked at the ones that ANS has and couldnt get anyone to verify which Egos the Shochtech ones fit, so be careful. Its my understanding that the ones made to fit the 07+ Egos will not fit without a shim.
    Cool, thanks for the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    I haven't messed with a cut AGD stove pipe, but I would expect a shim for the that feedneck. The 7/8" Lapcos fit Luke's vert feed directly, but you need a shim to use the Ego neck properly.

That said, shims aren't bad. It's a small strip of brass that is almost invisible (0.014" thick iirc). It provides some conformal crush between the stainless and the aircraft aluminum, and the grip is very good.
    Thanks for the advice! I was nervous about the shim making my rt look kind of hokey, but now it doesn't seem so bad.